So Who's Having OTA Problems on Their Joeys?

Still issues after 517 update, awaiting a fix. I'm close to dumping dish over this. OTA was only hope for watching decent PQ with Dish, now that is gone too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

H3 attached to a single tuner. Just recorded a show off of NBC the other night. Was almost impossible to watch with so much pixalation. But yet if I go to the same channel live, the signal is fine. This has been the norm for me for multiple months. As others has stated, if you go to the antenna channel ahead of time and watch live BEFORE the timer starts, then everything records fine. Here in Houston, plenty of secondary sub channels with plenty of older shows I would like to record but cannot because recorded shows are unwatchable.

The single tuner is discontinued and I doubt supported any more by DISH. If you want to use an ota tuner you need to get the dual tuner dongle.

The single tuner is discontinued and I doubt supported any more by DISH. If you want to use an ota tuner you need to get the dual tuner dongle.

The single tuner is still supported. If you can find one it is a much better choice.
1) It is more sensitive for weaker signals. In my case I receive 14 more channels with the single tuner compared to the dual tuner.
2) It does not run hot. The new dual tuners generate a lot of heat.
3) Because it runs cool it does not fail prematurely. Several have reported that the dual tuner quit working in less than one month. It probably failed due to the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

The single tuner is still supported. If you can find one it is a much better choice.
1) It is more sensitive for weaker signals. In my case I receive 14 more channels with the single tuner compared to the dual tuner.
3) Because it runs cool it does not fail prematurely. Several have reported that the dual tuner quit working in less than one month. It probably failed due to the heat.

Ok to all that, but I don’t think the single tuner is sold or available to anyone for quite some time. So that was what I meant about it being discontinued and not supported any more. If DISH still sold them I would agree with you that it is still supported.

Two HWS w/ single OTA tuners, three Joeys, having the exact same issues since last year. Same resolution with tuning the linked Hopper to the OTA channel fixes the breakups. I used to watch OTA over the Joeys all the time before the Carbon update. Since then, it's crap.

Reactions: KAB
Hopper 3 with the single tuner dongle and two Joey's. Constant OTA signal breakups while watching live from the Joeys or any OTA recording. The only time I can watch pixelation free is when watching live from the Hopper.

Hopper 3 with the single tuner dongle and two Joey's. Constant OTA signal breakups while watching live from the Joeys or any OTA recording. The only time I can watch pixelation free is when watching live from the Hopper.

2 HWS w/ U700 on both. - one with a single OTA and the other with a dual OTA tuner. Houston market.

My setup - preamp and a distribution amplifier once the signal gets to the distribution panel in the House

Absolutely No problem here.

I would suggest that everyone unplug the USB adapters which forces a restart.

After restart it should work well. The restart fixed an issue with pixelation while viewing live ota via dish anywhere.

If all else fails, set auto tune timers a few times per day to ensure that the hopper is tuned to an ota channel before you watch and or record from a joey or dish anywhere.

Use a hopper with single tuner ota. Have had this issue for over one year. Reported 3 times including yesterday as the rep also filed a report and linked to this thread. If not fixed by the end of summer I will be looking for other options. I use ota a lot.

I’m getting Dish installed in two days but I read reviews that if you have a cooling fan the dual tuner won’t overheat. I have a dual tuner ready for Sunday and it will lay on a laptop cooling pad. As far as the sensitivity goes, my TiVo Bolt is my main OTA device.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I followed the advice of crodrules who suggested I do my OTA scans on the single tuner adapter, then unplug the receiver and swap for the dual. Working flawlessly so far. Of course, this requires you to have both devices (old single and new dual dongles). However, this way, I won’t have to worry about burning out the old single tuner.

I followed the advice of crodrules who suggested I do my OTA scans on the single tuner adapter, then unplug the receiver and swap for the dual. Working flawlessly so far. Of course, this requires you to have both devices (old single and new dual dongles). However, this way, I won’t have to worry about burning out the old single tuner.
Ok I am confused. Why would you do this?

So you do a channel scan with the single because it picks up more channels I assume. Then you plug in the dual tuner. Do you have more breakups using the new ota tuner?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts