So whos NOT getting a Hopper due to lack of OTA?

I shifted all my OTA recordings to my TivoHD box due to OTA's better picture quality. Ironically OTA now accounts for about 80% of all my recordings.. I only use my Hopper to record cable shows on Comedy Central, MTV and some premium channels.

I've been wanting OTA since i got my hopper,and it looks like the summer timeline is fixing to be blown. Hopefully soon does not mean another 2 or 3 months just weeks.

Dish doesn't care what everyone else's calendar says !! They have their own calendar !!
And, here it is....

images

Attachments

• 000_0197[1].JPG
    000_0197[1].JPG
    598 KB · Views: 275
I just rece3ntly switched to DISH after being on DirecTV since 1999. Appalled to find that my Hoppers (2) don't have OTA integration. What was DISH thinking? This will not drive me back to DTV, but I really wonder about who's in charge of DISH product feature decision-making????

Ota & manual timers are coming. We don't know exactly when, but it is definitely coming according to Vivek the man in charge of software for the Hopper. But yes I agree, DISH was wrong to release their latest cutting edge receivers without ota, a application many of us depend on , in cases of rain fade and or dangerous weather . Not to mention the sub channels that DISH won't carry on the satellite. But they wanted to get the hopper out the door as fast as they could and didn't want to delay the release over just ota. IN my own case I kept a 211k with dvr software on a second account just for ota and sub channels like Metv ,because Ota was that important to me. I only sub to the Welcome pack + hd locals and will most likely turn it off once ota & manual timers becomes part of the hopper.

Just a reminder Star Trek is on tonight on METV over the air, but those with the hopper can't record it on there DVRs. Maybe next week?

Not too many days left in fall, then winter is upon us. Almost a year has passed and no OTA for the Hopper. June may hold a surprise for those patient enough. I can't wait for OTA for the 2013 college football season!

[/pine mode]

gpflepsen said:
Not too many days left in fall, then winter is upon us. Almost a year has passed and no OTA for the Hopper. June may hold a surprise for those patient enough. I can't wait for OTA for the 2013 college football season!

[/pine mode]

First day of fall was this past Saturday. March 15th, 2013 is the one year mark, almost six months away. But maybe I'm in some weird time warp and am therefore mistaken?

The Hopper is a kangaroo, right? Everyone knows that kangaroos live in Australia. It doesn't reach summer in Australia until Dec. 21. Dish has plenty of time to make good on their promise.

Dec. 21 2012 is also the end of the Mayan calendar. Coincidence? I think not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)