So whos NOT getting a Hopper due to lack of OTA?

I'd rather it come out when it's ready and works than it be released to us only to cause 100 threads on how poorly it works or how many crashes they have had.

I see it like this... They had to rush the Hopper/Joey system to market. They have fixed bugs in it at a far faster pace than any previous receiver. It is smart to fix your bugs, then add your extra features.

The Hopper is a kangaroo, right? Everyone knows that kangaroos live in Australia. It doesn't reach summer in Australia until Dec. 21. Dish has plenty of time to make good on their promise.

Dec. 21 2012 is also the end of the Mayan calendar. Coincidence? I think not.

Oh, how I love this one!

Anyone try plugging in there Hauppauge USB Tuner? Some guy at work is claiming he did and got a message that this Tuner is not supported please contact Dish Network.
If that is true then some of the software has to be in there already. Other wise how would it know it even was a tuner? If it were plug in play it would of just said unrecognized device and maybe the brand and model. This is linux based right?
The guy tried because he thinks the software for OTA was put there in the last update so the beta testers can test and that they will turn all on via a command on release day.
Sounds crazy to me.

Anyone try plugging in there Hauppauge USB Tuner? Some guy at work is claiming he did and got a message that this Tuner is not supported please contact Dish Network.
If that is true then some of the software has to be in there already. Other wise how would it know it even was a tuner? If it were plug in play it would of just said unrecognized device and maybe the brand and model. This is linux based right?
The guy tried because he thinks the software for OTA was put there in the last update so the beta testers can test and that they will turn all on via a command on release day.
It's 100% possible that the full-blown OTA software is already there. Why shouldn't it be ? As your co-worker discovered, it will look for supported hardware and can anyone call Dish and order this hardware ? Nope. Can you go to Best Buy and buy it ? Nope.

It would be nice when OTA is added if the software would automatically start recording the highest priority timer on OTA once satellite signal loss was detected.

I really thought it would of been released today in time for the Gannet local channel disput This Sunday. Plus it's in the dish store now just not all.

I really thought it would of been released today in time for the Gannet local channel disput This Sunday. Plus it's in the dish store now just not all.
It would only help people with the Hopper and then only those who make the effort at installing an antenna.

I think most of the people who are waiting for the ota module already have antennas.
That's why I was waiting. It's close enough that I'll probably get it installed in a couple of weeks. I checked with my local installer and I'll get two Hoppers and one Joey.

Our house is on a drumlin (small hill left by the glaciers). Antenna sits on a maser with a rotor about 30 feet off the ground at a total elevation of about 630 ft above sea level. With a booster I pick up Rochester (~20 miles to towers) and Syracuse NY (57 miles according to tvfool.com). I have a 722 and 211. Without the ota module, we would not be able to get Syracuse or the local subchannels.

That number includes me and thats all I care about.
Believe it or not, I'm in that group too, but I'm not holding my breathe nor do I have much faith in it ever appearing. For years now, Dish has shown the lower and lower priority of OTA support in their receivers.

Hall said:
Believe it or not, I'm in that group too, but I'm not holding my breathe nor do I have much faith in it ever appearing. For years now, Dish has shown the lower and lower priority of OTA support in their receivers.

Well considering it's already showing up in the Dish store then I believe it is a safe bet to say that you are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)