So whos NOT getting a Hopper due to lack of OTA?

One tuner would be fine but I would wait to upgrade till it is there.

Seems as though a number of members are upset that the Hopper is being released without Over the Air (OTA) support.

Who is NOT getting planning on upgrading because of the fact that OTA is missing at launch?
Me!

Will you upgrade to one once OTA support is available?
Yes (and Hopper integration)

What if the OTA support only supported one OTA tuner? Would that prevent you from upgrading?
Yes. One OTA tuner is fine.

Seems as though a number of members are upset that the Hopper is being released without Over the Air (OTA) support.

Who is NOT getting planning on upgrading because of the fact that OTA is missing at launch?

Will you upgrade to one once OTA support is available?

What if the OTA support only supported one OTA tuner? Would that prevent you from upgrading?

Me. Without OTA 1 loose an entire cities worth of ota, Syracuse, NY. I loose ALL PBS (2 feeds) and their subchannels.
Will consider after the ota tuner is available. I plan on 2 Hoppers so even if it's 1 per tuner, that would be OK with me. If you can't put a ota tuner on each Hopper, then I would want a dual tuner since I now have 2 ota tuners. 1 in my 722 and 1 in my 211.

Last edited:
I would like to have the OTA, as I currently have my main 722 hooked up OTA. However, the benefits of the Hopper system for my household with the additional tuner and PTAT, along with HD on the secondary TV with a Joey, would outweigh the downside of no immediate (or ever) OTA. Nevertheless, I hope it is released within a short period of time after launch.

I have still not 100% committed to the H/J setup yet, though. Although I'd consider it "probable" at this point.

Count me in on this list too. I'm actually excited about the Hopper/Joey setup and what it offers. Even with all the fees, I would be on the phone holding with everyone else the morning of the 15th for a Hopper and two Joeys for my house, if not for the lack of OTA. I prefer the higher PQ of OTA locals, and watch/record several programs on the many subchannels I can get in Charlotte.

As for tuners, given a choice, I'd prefer two OTA tuners...but would be happy with one. I'll be upgrading to a Hopper/Joey setup the day this OTA module/adapter is available, but not until then. :)

I havent decided yet. I see the hopper every day when I go to work, and it's hard not to be a little excited about it after testing it some.

The practical side of me says to just wait a few months for OTA (I've gotten too used to two OTA tuners with my 722k)

The impulsive side tells me to UPGRADE as soon as I can.

I'd prefer at least 2 ota tuners and I'd be disappointed with just one. I'll probably still upgrade at that time anyway, if, I can hold out that long.

Will wait for OTA and see how well it works. I do not have PBS in HD without OTA and I would loose several subchannels that I also currently have access to record.

I must have OTA. I could not live with out METV or THIS TV which is only on the Sub Channels.

If can get Two Hoppers with One tuner on each Hopper I will be very very happy

What can I say, I like old shows.

Me, I don't get my locals from DISH in HD (Charlottesville DMA) so OTA is a must for me and it has to be integrated for the wife and kids otherwise tech support in my house (me) would be inundated with service calls...

and my secondary reason is the first Joey fee...

I will have to pass until both issues are sorted out.

dwarren2 said:
Scott,
Is there a reason you started this thread? Is there hope that the ota module will be available before the summer?

I started it as I got tired of every Hopper thread turning into complaints that it doesn't have ota. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The H/J is not for me. Regardless of ota options my 722 does just fine. Now if the 1st joey were free, a slight maybe.
1 thing interesting to point out on page 15 of the attached pdf is the $240 cxl fee for hd free for life in addition to the regular cxl fee. Don't know if it applies to new customers, upgrades or both?? Seems also autopay & paperless billing will be a requirement regardless, new customer or upgrade.

Attachments

• Hopper Training Guide.pdf
    12.1 MB · Views: 275
Would like to suggest that's not a good idea with all due respect,as locals through your HDTV's tuner comes in handy if for some reason you experience satellite receiver failure.:eek:;)

I didn't mean literally! I just mean it won't matter much to me with the PT AT. I can hook it to the tv.

I'm going to wait until OTA and integration between two Hoppers is sorted out. Then it'll be two Hoppers and a Joey to replace my 722 and 722K. Ends up only being $1 more per month for HD on an extra tv and 2 extra satellite tuners.

First Joey included as part of the whole house fee would have been much better and gotten me to switch right away in spite of the missing features.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

There are so many good sub channels locally and also the only way to get normal channels in a wet snow or heavy rain storm, that a OTA module is needed. DISH is NOT the only game in town. I normally watch OTA when what I want is prime time. Not dish's lower resolution version.

YUK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)