So whos NOT getting a Hopper due to lack of OTA?

I'll be needing a USB hub for 2 Hoppers when OTA comes out. Sling Adapter + 2 EHDs on both of them currently.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I gave up on waiting and got the Hopper anyway, my DirecTV Hard Drives keep going out (there old HR20s and HR21s)
I can wait a few weeks missing my local channels like:
METV and Star Trek
CW in HD
PBS in HD
MY Network TV
LiveWell
PBS Kids
PBS Create
and the Local Weather sub channel (just hope no blizzards come soon might need extra weather news).

If I knew it would be only a couple of weeks I'd upgrade too. The problem is that we don't know whether it's going to be two weeks or twenty-two weeks.

or, you could do what I did. Simply hook the OTA antenna directly to the TV. Change the input on the TV and there you are. Granted, you can't DVR those channels but you can watch them real time.

I found that I watched Metv mostly on Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons. So watching over the antenna live was okay with me . The only other show I really needed on my ota station was local news. By product of "moving" to Houston for all HD networks and HD PBS & HD CW. So antenna to the tv is better than none at all.

I don't dvr any OTA that is not available as a non-OTA on my 722, and usually do not watch anything that is OTA only, so I might break down and go with hopper. Thing is, there will be one time when I want to instantly record the current thing, or back up the current thing and it will be a OTA on the TV and it will be very frustrating not to have OTA on this. Dish has always been on the ball about covering OTA but they sure blew it, this time. All Thumbs Down

I read the manual again. I wonder if all we are waiting on is the FCC Test Cert approval. It seems that they have everything else all ready. The manual is on the web site and the product is in the store, but just sold out at this time.
Once they get what ever it is they are waiting on they should just have to "flip a switch" and we can all order it. Just wish they had a buy one get one half price discount for those with Two hoppers.

This is what I found in the manual

"This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits
for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules."

Key word on that other posting is an OTA Module is on the truck. Module is what the 722 OTA is, we need the OTA USB for the hopper. There is no place to plug the OTA module in on a Hopper.
Sounds like the CSR had a miss understanding I think that happened to an other guy on this site last month. Just goes to show that people really want OTA for the Hopper and CSRs are trying to get it to them.

How many USB OTA tuners can be used on a single hopper? Hopefully more than one.
Based on Scott's previous info, each hopper can support one USB OTA tuner. If you need more than one OTA tuner, you can plug in the additional one on a second hopper.

I am just now starting to get familiar with the Joey/Hopper setup. I will wait till the OTA module comes out and would prefer it how it is now, two tuners per DVR. Also waiting to see if the all Hoppers / Joeys can see each other. I am more concerned from what I have read so far there is no home distribution. I guess I would get two Hoppers and four Joeys. But what do I do for our remaining six TVs. Right now I have four DVRs, two 722ks and two 722s. With my system I modulate out and can watch any three of the DVRs I wish to all TVs. Sure it is only mirrored SD quality but most of our TVs are not HD anyway. The system has been awesome for us. Is there a thread that addresses the no home distribution capability or am I incorrect? This thread was too long to read all the way through. Thanks for any help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)