So whos NOT getting a Hopper due to lack of OTA?

Single tuner. Manual timers let you program a recording even when there's no guide data.

Got the Hopper last week and on the list for the OTA module.

Now if I can just figure out why the programs on my EHD aren't authorized to watch?

navychop said:
Manual timers
Concerns about moving old EHD recordings to Hopper

Manual timers are coming and all of my EHD recordings (thousands) work.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

navychop said:
Good. Not the case for everyone, so it's still a concern.

That's fine. It's not a big concern though. It's only bad when you transfer them back to Hopper. Compatibility issues are always a concern, but I certainly didn't let it stop me from enjoying all the major Hopper benefits. No way I could go back to all 722s! Even if I did lose a few EHD recordings, which I didn't!

That's fine. It's not a big concern though. It's only bad when you transfer them back to Hopper. Compatibility issues are always a concern, but I certainly didn't let it stop me from enjoying all the major Hopper benefits. No way I could go back to all 722s! Even if I did lose a few EHD recordings, which I didn't!

Not for me. I have hundreds of shows on an EHD that came from my old VIP922. I can watch shows that were recorded on my local networks(OTA or Dish), but all non-network(HBO, TLC, USA, Etc) shows or movies I get an error 743 - Not authorized. I've contacted Dish and a DIRT member and no success getting it to work. Has anyone else had this issue?

AKGolf said:
Not for me. I have hundreds of shows on an EHD that came from my old VIP922. I can watch shows that were recorded on my local networks(OTA or Dish), but all non-network(HBO, TLC, USA, Etc) shows or movies I get an error 743 - Not authorized. I've contacted Dish and a DIRT member and no success getting it to work. Has anyone else had this issue?

I dunno what to tell ya bud but I have literally thousands of recordings from my old 722ks that work fine. Including premium channels and locals. Now at one point I had the dreaded "not authorized" however that was fixed months ago and all those recordings work now.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I dunno what to tell ya bud but I have literally thousands of recordings from my old 722ks that work fine. Including premium channels and locals. Now at one point I had the dreaded "not authorized" however that was fixed months ago and all those recordings work now.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys
Did yours get fixed with a software update or did someone at Dish somehow fix it?

Not only did I use my EHD that I had plugged into my 922 on the Hopper, but I transferred the recordings to a larger EHD by first moving shows to the Hopper. I didn't do them all at once. Just a few at a time, but it worked just fine. It just takes a looong time.

Taking the plunge. Talked with Matt last evening. Setting up installation of a 2/3 system with 2 ota modules, most probably the 1st week in Dec. We're going away next week and Matt could only fit me in the morning after we are scheduled to get back. So I requested a 1 week delay. Hope the installer will have the module so I don't have to wait..

Not only did I use my EHD that I had plugged into my 922 on the Hopper, but I transferred the recordings to a larger EHD by first moving shows to the Hopper. I didn't do them all at once. Just a few at a time, but it worked just fine. It just takes a looong time.
Sounds like I'm the only one experiencing this issue now. I've talked to Dish and a DIRT member and they have no idea. I can record new shows and transfer them to the EHD and they're fine, just not the shows from the 922.

You should be able to watch OTA just fine when the sat tuners are busy recording. The OTA module is a tuner in itself.... In fact, you could be recording on the 3 sat tuners and the OTA tuner and watch a pre-recorded program all at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts