So will there be new hd this week?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
In that press release in august, E* said something along the lines of more hd being added in mid-september. Was this the BTN or some dif. channels? September's almost over, so will there be any new hd channels launched this week? I hoping for CNN and TBS HD

If you have followed E* announcements in the past you will note nothing is etched in stone. However, with the push to beat D* in the HD numbers game anything is possible. With the new prime-time viewing season starting, both E* and D* would love to be able to announce more channels, be they SD or HD, to lure customers away from cable or each other. Time will tell.

P.S. I have only been waiting for Indy HD locals from E* since March of 2006, when Charlie announced they were "coming soon", but I gave up about a year ago and got an OTA antenna which works great.

Well, if there is truth to the rumor that D* MPEG4 will be in full resolution with 4 HD channels on a transponder and a higher variable bitrate then I think E* will be forced to act quickly or they just might lose some HD subscribers. Let the drama unfold.

AT&TDishman: We too have the OTA antenna in spite of having had HD locals for some time and have found it to be a great alternative and backup to E*. Remember that the 622 can record from OTA and both satellite inputs at the same time (3 total). We have found this to be really handy to have at times.

Just my two cents.

--Doug

I agree

AT&TDishman: We too have the OTA antenna in spite of having had HD locals for some time and have found it to be a great alternative and backup to E*. Remember that the 622 can record from OTA and both satellite inputs at the same time (3 total). We have found this to be really handy to have at times.

Just my two cents.

--Doug

My local CBS and NBC OTAs through my 622HZ are 1080i. Boy do they make Fox and ABC look bad.

Just my two cents.

--Doug

If I had HD locals form E* I would not have had to pay $99 for the Terk antenna and over $50 for the RG6. Since I installed it myself I probably saved another $50 or so. Also, the OTA loses signal from time to time (I get 99 on CBS and in the high 70s with ABC, NBC, Fox, and PBS) when planes interfere and/or the signal changes from SD to HD and versa vicea. Not an ideal situation. Hopefully, E* HD locals will be more stable.

Just my 20,000 cents. :D

Well, if there is truth to the rumor that D* MPEG4 will be in full resolution with 4 HD channels on a transponder and a higher variable bitrate then I think E* will be forced to act quickly or they just might lose some HD subscribers. Let the drama unfold.

What fraction of 1% of subscribers even knows anything about that or even cares?

My money's on TBS and CNN HD.

Although I am more of a Fox News viewer, HD will pull me to CNN. TBS on the other hand, What is on this channel as I never tune to it? Isn't it just old sitcoms?
It will be sad when DISH adds an HD channel that doesn't make it into my favorites. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)