So will there be new hd this week?

Cnn hd

Most of the hd channels added like golf hd, i never watch. Please CNNhd would be amazing. I would like Foxhd, however it is not on the air. CNn hd would be something i would love to watch. I am so jealous of Directv. It is such a huge channel i can't believe that they have the exclusive rights. Please scott say it is so. :hungry:

I am a little jealous of the extra premiums D* is now offering :hatsoff:, so come on Charlie, please bring them on! :D

Most of the hd channels added like golf hd, i never watch. Please CNNhd would be amazing. I would like Foxhd, however it is not on the air. CNn hd would be something i would love to watch. I am so jealous of Directv. It is such a huge channel i can't believe that they have the exclusive rights. Please scott say it is so. :hungry:

No way does DirectTV have exclusive coverage of CNN or TBS HD. Both are Time Warner properties. Time Warner cable will add them soon enough. DirecTV will add Fox News HD as soon as it becomes available for obvious reasons. Maybe MSNBC will join CNBC and step up to the plate. (Yes, I know CNBC isn't full HD. However, I think what they are doing with the extra real estate may be more compelling than many of the "pure" HD channels.)

According to the Nataraj's avsforum list, Bravo and USA are the two Dish announced intent to carry that they don't. I will call Dish today and "request" that they offer Smithsonian HD. However, I would take the current line broadcasted at full 1920x1080i vs. any more new channels at 1440x1080i. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

This is just a guess on my part (and I have been wrong before) but I am expecting some HD news out of Dish Network today.

I would say check back here at around 12:30 this afternoon. I hope I will have more to report then. ;)

This is just a guess on my part (and I have been wrong before) but I am expecting some HD news out of Dish Network today.

I would say check back here at around 12:30 this afternoon. I hope I will have more to report then. ;)

12:30 in what time zone? And if we turn on our computers, and find there is no HD news, can we call your CSR's and complain until we get something for free?

I for two appreciate the info Scott provides. And I hope today he provides info on TBS-HD coming to our channel lineup very soon :)

Other then the baseball playoffs......which I understand for baseball fans....what other "Compelling" HD programming does TBS offer? I'm not sure this is the best available HD channel that Dish could add, at least if you take a longer term(After the playoffs are over) view. Obviously, when the new satellites are up and operational there will be no good reason not add this channel, but I'm not sure how much capacity(bandwidth) Dish has left.

Other then the baseball playoffs......which I understand for baseball fans....what other "Compelling" HD programming does TBS offer?

Yea that would be no other compelling programming. But I mean DirectTV and Comcast are getting it in time for the MLB Playoffs. And isn't TBS-HD better than say Weather Channel or CNN? (No offense to weather and news fans) Ahh, maybe not.

But anyway, since the Reds are not looking like a safe bet for a playoff spot... I need to be able to enjoy the Cubs on the road to the World Series in High Definition!

Yea that would be no other compelling programming. But I mean DirectTV and Comcast are getting it in time for the MLB Playoffs. And isn't TBS-HD better than say Weather Channel or CNN? (No offense to weather and news fans) Ahh, maybe not.

But anyway, since the Reds are not looking like a safe bet for a playoff spot... I need to be able to enjoy the Cubs on the road to the World Series in High Definition!

TBS has also been shooting their new original series in HD such as The Bill Engvall Show, My Boys, Tyler Perry's House of Payne, and 10 Items or Less. I believe I read that all of those were being shot in HD. Also, I read that Sony has converted all of the Seinfeld episodes from film to HD. I'm not sure if TBS has an agreement to show them in HD but I know they're available. Also, later episodes of Everybody loves Raymond and King of Queens were shot in HD for CBS.

TBS has also been shooting their new original series in HD such as The Bill Engvall Show, My Boys, Tyler Perry's House of Payne, and 10 Items or Less. I believe I read that all of those were being shot in HD. Also, I read that Sony has converted all of the Seinfeld episodes from film to HD. I'm not sure if TBS has an agreement to show them in HD but I know they're available. Also, later episodes of Everybody loves Raymond and King of Queens were shot in HD for CBS.

The new Frank Caliendo (sp) show, Frank TV, is supposed to be shot in HD also. He was on Bob & Tom radio show this morning and I think he said that.

Ok since it is getting close to the time, I will tell you what I know (or what I am hearing)

NHL Network launches on Monday. There are some test channels up on 129 and 61.5 and I have been told by a few sources that they are for NHL Network HD.

In addition today at NOON is a special Friday Dish Network Retailer Chat. I honestly don't know what to expect from this chat. Hopefully NHL HD and other HD channels are announced. Dish Network retailers need something as at the moment all calls coming in are about DirecTV and their new HD offerings.

Will they announce anything new today? That I don't know, I will be watching just like everyone else. But I hope so! And if they do you can bet that we will be the first to tell you about it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)