Sochi on KU GALAXY 19 and KU Hispasat 30W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Still playing on the Cat Bothers the Cousins on cab1e :eek: here. Sooooooo---they ain't live either. Maybe a replay????
Oh well, will be replayed this evening @ do Not Bother the Cat.

CBC has partnered with TSN and the five sportnet channels to bring everything live! Also, they have live streaming available with apps/website. NBC, probably taped!

Catamount

C-Band is better picture...

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1391814835.269259.jpg

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It'll be interesting to see if KTV3 brings us live coverage of many of the events (for us Ku-band people). It also seems that BVN on Satmex 6 will have some periodic live coverage, looking at their schedule.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see if KTV3 brings us live coverage of many of the events (for us Ku-band people). It also seems that BVN on Satmex 6 will have some periodic live coverage, looking at their schedule.

KTV3 is currently showing Women's hockey, Canada vs. Switzerland, and it is live as I am seeing the same game on CBC. Has it ever snowed in Kuwait?

EDIT: KTV3 feed is eight seconds delay from the CBC feed.

That 8 seconds may be a censor's delay. KTV does censor even kisses out of their played movies. Fun to watch people bounce off each other as they approach to do the act. It's never snowed in Kuwait's recorded history.

That 8 seconds may be a censor's delay. KTV does censor even kisses out of their played movies. Fun to watch people bounce off each other as they approach to do the act. It's never snowed in Kuwait's recorded history.

The graphics on the KTV3 feed are the same as on CBC, wonder whether they are getting it from the CBC (would then account for some of the delay).

Would be a bonus if KTV-3 was in English. But you don't really need commentary same as when you attend a game at your local arena.
Its over 5 - 0 for Canada eh!

Yes, I remember when KTV2 showed Cheaper by the Dozen 2, they cut lots of scenes of teen lust (a boy goes to the edge of the water with his eyes glazed over, but we never realize he's looking at a girl swimming and coming up out of the lake). How many censored movies must have been shown in theaters over the years with odd looks and stares that confound the audience!

Then again, there was a US or UK based Persian language station that had Gone With the Wind censored when the language started implying infidelity or "Scarlett needing to be kissed badly by someone who knew how." They started playing the soundtrack over moving lips -- very funny!

EDIT: But back to Kuwait, they are forced to censor things from higher ups, even being responsible for weird things that happen on live TV sometimes: http://www.hilaliya.com/2009/03/hayef-admires-the-nude-bomb.html (sorry, original link to Arab Times not pasting correctly, but read about it here)

Last edited:
I´m assuming KTV3 signal originates and is uplinked in Kuwait, so I wonder if any sat with footprint over there would carry CBC ? or maybe they´re getting their signal from some other source.

It would be interesting to know what are the ratings in Kuwait for snow/ice (i.e. winter) sports, I bet it´s quite a change in programming from the camel racing they usually show in KTV3 :D.

I´m assuming KTV3 signal originates and is uplinked in Kuwait, so I wonder if any sat with footprint over there would carry CBC ? or maybe they´re getting their signal from some other source.

It would be interesting to know what are the ratings in Kuwait for snow/ice (i.e. winter) sports, I bet it´s quite a change in programming from the camel racing they usually show in KTV3 :D.

Camel racing is hilarious! Always amusing when I watch. Good luck trying to guess which one is going to win. Saw a photo finish in one race, looked like the winner won by a flapping lip! LOL!

Anyhow, more Olympics on KTV3 right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)