Soft Again

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
L.A. CA
watched "Rides" on DHDT and compared to D* the Voom feed looks vey soft again-PQ looked just as sharp as D* on DHDT for a "hot minute" last week at times, but it has def. gone back to its old washed-out look imo-when you compare DHDT to D*, clearly Voom pq is inferior on this channel-exclusives still look nice though-what up Voom with the constant fluctuation in pq on certain hd channels?-Beginning to wonder whether I'm really getting my 112.00 worth each month-FIX IT!!! oh, sorry, please-LMAO

DVI connection-mitsu65313

I just saw your post. I am watching Extreme Machines on DHDT right now on both E* and V* and have not seen any difference. This program has a lot of upconvertion material so you have to wait until something is shoot on HD video to compare both. I do not have D* and cannot compare.

GREAT EPISODE OF "RIDES" on DISCO-HD

Looked awesome- with "film-like" texture. My wife got into it even though she does not care about cars, unlike her obsessed husband. :D
Definitely an hour well spent.
M-
P/S. I forget, what does LMAO stand for?

jmartinacevedo said:
Looked awesome- with "film-like" texture. My wife got into it even though she does not care about cars, unlike her obsessed husband. :D
M-
Must compare to D* feed to see that Voom's pq is inferior on this channel-Laugh My A** Off

eschu97611 said:
Must compare to D* feed to see that Voom's pq is inferior on this channel-Laugh My A** Off

I also see the same softness right now, it seems to go back and forth.

I'm seeing it too tonight. Last night everything looked great. Complete opposite tonight. Damn and I just paid my Voom bill yesterday.

Actually I'm giving up on Voom. I'm sick and tired of the inconsistant PQ. And now tonight I'm getting the audio dropout/pixelization problem again on SHOHD. Picture is soft and looks like crap.
I just put my JVC 48" HDTV on Ebay very cheap just to get rid of it. I'm calling to cancel Voom. As soon as the TV sells I'm going to buy a nice 32" SD TV and I'm going to enjoy watching TV again with SD DirecTV. I have given Voom plenty of time to get their act together and I'm finally fed up with them. Right now DVD's look better then the Voom picture I'm paying for. I spend more time wishing for a better picture and for Voom to fix their damn problems than I do enjoying TV. I am sick of hearing Voom is working on the PQ or Voom is having encoder problems. FIX IT!! I may try HDTV again when there is a decent provider out there and when HDTV is ready for primetime. For now I'm going back to enjoying TV again. Good luck to all!

Bob

ram1220 said:
Actually I'm giving up on Voom. I'm sick and tired of the inconsistant PQ. And now tonight I'm getting the audio dropout/pixelization problem again on SHOHD. Picture is soft and looks like crap.
I just put my JVC 48" HDTV on Ebay very cheap just to get rid of it. I'm calling to cancel Voom. As soon as the TV sells I'm going to buy a nice 32" SD TV and I'm going to enjoy watching TV again with SD DirecTV. I have given Voom plenty of time to get their act together and I'm finally fed up with them. Right now DVD's look better then the Voom picture I'm paying for. I spend more time wishing for a better picture and for Voom to fix their damn problems than I do enjoying TV. I am sick of hearing Voom is working on the PQ or Voom is having encoder problems. FIX IT!! I may try HDTV again when there is a decent provider out there and when HDTV is ready for primetime. For now I'm going back to enjoying TV again. Good luck to all!

Bob
Good call-I'm not far behind you-frustration is setting in-too much money a month to invest in what has become an inconsistent service at best-will just have to be happy with D* limited array of hd at this time if things don't get better FAST for Voom and its neverending fluctuating pq.

jmartinacevedo said:
M-
laughing my a$$ off

Man, I really am sorry to hear about all of you guys not being pleased with the PQ you are getting. I haven't ever seen a degradation worthy of considering dropping Voom. Don't get me wrong I have noticed fluctuations since signing up in March but no matter how bad it has gotten I could never ever even try to compare the PQ of Voom (exclusives or otherwise) with even a Superbit DVD. I am watching on a 65" Mitsubishi Diamond and would never consider watching anything other than HD, Digital SD, or progressive scan DVD's. Now I don't have another service to compare Voom's HD to, but, I can compare Voom HD to OTA HD and the two are equally satisfying. I couldn't imagine leaving Voom for any other service that only offers 4-6 HD channels no matter how often temporary lapses in PQ occured. I guess I may have a semi-unique point of view though because my monthly HOA fees cover expanded basic cable so I have the luxury of only using Voom for the HD content.

I'm sure glad I don't watch very much TV, because everytime I've watched Voom, the PQ has been outstanding. Comparing DiscHD to Dish, they are identical. I guess I need to start wasting more time staring at the "tube" so I can be as miserable as you guys. LOL.

Other than some "softer" movies which are probably just transfer problems with older movies, my hd reception on Voom has been exceptional.

I have had Directv and Dish HD packages and the Voom DiscHd, EspnHd, HBOHd and ShoHd have looked identical.

I don't mind an occasional blip as it happened on the other sat services as well.

But I can empathize with those who's reception is not on this level. Once you see somthing that does not seem right, it's difficult to not keep looking for it rather than just sitting back to enjoy. Sometimes I just focus in on the single telephone pole in our view instead of seeing the thousands of pristine acres our viewshed offers to us.

Shelly

Hmm...

Ok, I don't understand why you'd sell your tv and get another one. You can certainly watch non-HD programming on your HD TV. Then, when someone has good enough HD for you just use the same tv. Not sure I really understand that one...

Also, why is it so many people want to compare the one or two channels DTV is offering to Voom? I mean get off it already. Voom's pq is excellent although they have had their issues. Can it get better? Sure but to constantly flip between the two is getting to be a bit crazy. I mean, if you didn't have the DTV feed to compare it to you'd probably be just as happy as the rest of us.

Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't demand better pq. On the contrary, I've posted my share of messages complaining about a pq issue or two but it's one thing to look at a show and say, "Hmm, something's wrong here. The pq is off." And it's quite another thing to turn on DHD on Voom then flip between that and DHD on DTV LOOKING for pq problems.

The Rickster

Voom is my sole provider. $39.90 including Showtime is cheap if you ask me. My local Cable provider would charge me double for a few more SD channels and far far fewer HD channels. Voom is a bargain.

-Chris

GadgetRick said:
Ok, I don't understand why you'd sell your tv and get another one. You can certainly watch non-HD programming on your HD TV. Then, when someone has good enough HD for you just use the same tv. Not sure I really understand that one...

Also, why is it so many people want to compare the one or two channels DTV is offering to Voom? I mean get off it already. Voom's pq is excellent although they have had their issues. Can it get better? Sure but to constantly flip between the two is getting to be a bit crazy. I mean, if you didn't have the DTV feed to compare it to you'd probably be just as happy as the rest of us.

Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't demand better pq. On the contrary, I've posted my share of messages complaining about a pq issue or two but it's one thing to look at a show and say, "Hmm, something's wrong here. The pq is off." And it's quite another thing to turn on DHD on Voom then flip between that and DHD on DTV LOOKING for pq problems.

The Rickster
Rationalize all you want-pq is still soft no matter how you try to justify your satisfaction with current pq

All I can say is ... you're insane - or at least irrational.

Let me get this straight. You're complaining that the voom DiscoveryHD picture is "softer" than the DirecTV one.

Then, your solution is to sell your HDTV and buy an analog one!!!?

No matter how "soft" the HD picture looks - it's going to look a he!! of a lot sharper than SD on your analog TV.

Go flame somewhere else.

deArgila said:
All I can say is ... you're insane - or at least irrational.

Let me get this straight. You're complaining that the voom DiscoveryHD picture is "softer" than the DirecTV one.

Then, your solution is to sell your HDTV and buy an analog one!!!?

No matter how "soft" the HD picture looks - it's going to look a he!! of a lot sharper than SD on your analog TV.

Go flame somewhere else.
Must have me confused with another poster-NEVER said I was selling my t.v-HUH? WHA? Do your homework Slick before chastising another(or at least read through the thread you are posting to) FLAME ON-LMAO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)