Soft reset on DSR905

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstief

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
SDAK
I was wondering if this was normal? After doing a soft reset on the dsr905 approximately 8-10 seconds there is a sound in the receiver like a relay switch is kicking in or out. And then the tv screen will blink and then after another 20-30 seconds the tv screen will come on with the "Please wait a moment etc".
I am sure the please wait a moment part is normal, I am just checking about the relay switch or what ever it is.

I was wondering if this was normal? After doing a soft reset on the dsr905 approximately 8-10 seconds there is a sound in the receiver like a relay switch is kicking in or out. And then the tv screen will blink and then after another 20-30 seconds the tv screen will come on with the "Please wait a moment etc".
I am sure the please wait a moment part is normal, I am just checking about the relay switch or what ever it is.

yes, I replied on my thread

You should see if you can get the green light on your true south sat. The reason I say that Is because on my dish for some reason if I peak my true south sat. I dam near lose all Quality on 133west. Just a thought.

The relay click sound is normal with the 905. A hard reset, power down on the unit will cause all the front panel lights to briefly illuminate and switch off. Then in about 30 seconds the unit will become operational. Pretty much all the GI and Motorola receivers do a similar warm up phase.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)