software release on 4/12 corrects hdmi and optical out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nevermind, got my lazy butt up and tried it myself and it DOES pass through. I have the 6416 HDMI to my Denon 3806 and it's passing out the HDMI signal to my projector.

Sweet, the first big software release from Verizon. I wonder if there are any official channels on obtaining changes for the updates from Verizon?

-John

soulposition said:
Nevermind, got my lazy butt up and tried it myself and it DOES pass through. I have the 6416 HDMI to my Denon 3806 and it's passing out the HDMI signal to my projector.

glad it is working for you. how do you like the dvr function now? i hear that you are able to get a 30 second skip feature to work with certain harmony remotes or program it into the original remote.

Well, I've always missed the 2 second skip back from TiVo and was glad that they incorporated it into this new firmware. I'm still using the stock remote for the DVR but this may give me an excuse to go pick up a Harmony 880 like I've been dreaming todo.

i got my 30 second skip on the harmony working now. my next project is to try to figure out a way for a three minute skip. i am thinking i might be able to teach another learning remote six 30 second skips in a row, then transfering it back to the harmony.

korsjs said:
optical out using the hdmi is now working for fios tvs hd pvr. about time. receiving full 5.1 right now.

Ya it's working here in Murrieta, Ca. One question though. Now that it's passing the 5.1 audio, the volume levels seem to have dropped quite a bit now on my system. Before my receiver was decoding the audio coming from the stb (digital optical output) into dolby prologic II which sounded pretty loud at low volumes. Also the compression settings under "audio options" in the menu worked where you could set it to none, low, heavy. I had it on "heavy" and the sound was pretty good. Now those settings have no effect on the sound. Also I tried going into the stb's internal menu(press off, then hit menu) and changed the audio option from "Auto" to "L-PCM" to be able to get back to dolby prologic II and use of the compression settings. However, it seems to output 5.1 even I changed the settings. Anyone been able to fix this issue? Is this a issue now since the 5.1 is fixed? How can I ouput PCM from the stb to have it decoded by my receiver to do dolby prologic II?

I must have missed something. I've been using the optical out into my receiver all along (since January) and didn't know it was broken! (Yikes!) My Yamaha said it was receiving Dolby Digital and I could hear all 6 speakers... What did I miss?

the majority of the receivers would not pass 5.1 sound while using the hdmi plug. it worked fine with component.

korsjs said:
the majority of the receivers would not pass 5.1 sound while using the hdmi plug. it worked fine with component.

Wow! I must have been one of the fortunate few! I'm running HDMI between the 6416 and my plasma, and the optical out to the receiver. No probs! Of course, I did have to turn off the HDMI volume via the plasma's setup...

there were a few receivers that did operate normally, but this was a wide spread problem. the tech that did my install told me that if it did work when we hooked it up, that verizon considered it to be not working correctly, even though it did what it was suppose to do. not to bad for me. i was only out 5.1 for about a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)