Software update anytime soon to fix my problems?

ae4ac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2007
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
I contacted Dish through the DIRT team on April 4 after having multiple problems after receiving the last software update. My HWS dvr function is mostly useless due to picture freezing and breakup problems on replaying recordings and my remote is plagued with extremely slow response times, along with other related problems. I was told at that time that all of these problems were known software issues and that they would not replace my HWS since they could not guarantee that would solve the issues. I wasn't happy at that response but they would not offer any other solution. So I guess I am stuck waiting for a software update and hoping that will fix my problems.

Has anybody else experienced similar problems with that update and has anyone gotten any other solution to the problems.

In other words is there any hope for getting these problems solved any time soon? After two weeks of this problem I wonder if they are even working on it.

We can replace your receiver if you like, but we cannot guarantee that it will correct the issues since they are known issues. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to replace it.

I have a HWS and it is on the latest software. We DVR 90% of what we watch, WE have over almost 100 timers set. Freezing and breakup problems on replaying recordings has never been an issue and my remote has always responded jiffy quick in fact I ordered a second remote for my wife so we don't have to toss it back and forth across the room and have both programmed to the same HWS and both respond jiffy quick. If you have a software problem I am not sure why I don't have it. I think I work a DVR about as hard as you could work one and my HWS and connected joeys have been great.

I was told at that time that all of these problems were known software issues and that they would not replace my HWS since they could not guarantee that would solve the issues.
If they're known software issues, new hardware can't resolve them.

We can replace your receiver if you like, but we cannot guarantee that it will correct the issues since they are known issues.
What will new hardware do for software issues ?

If they're known software issues, new hardware can't resolve them. What will new hardware do for software issues ?

The obvious response is that not everyone is experiencing these software issues, so replacing the hardware might do the trick.

If your DVR playback is messed up, that sounds more like a hard drive issue. Do you also have signal problems? Do you have issues when watching live TV? I would also recommend trying the front panel buttons to see if the response is also sluggish or if it is only when using the remote.

If this is a known software issue it must only be affecting a small number of receivers since no one on this forum is reporting these problems.

There are no signal problems. Live tv on the hopper is fine, on the connected joey breaks up and pauses. Some old b/w recorded shows will play with very little problem.

So I think I am going to contact Zach and at least try a different receiver. Maybe that will help. Don't think it will be any worse!

Are the above mentioned problems seen on BOTH Hopper and Joey, or just the Joey?

The problems are seen on both the Hopper and the connected Joey and additionally live tv is affected with freezes on the Joey. The original Hopper on the account does not have any of these problems and neither does the Joey if I link it to that receiver instead of the HWS.

I have contacted ZachS and he has a replacement on the way. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Thanks again to DIRT!

Yea, been through this before so most of the good stuff stays on the EHD. Already working to get some of the rest over there. But thankfully I can pick up all the Gunsmoke and NCIS episodes that I want in just a couple of days :). Perry Mason and I Love Lucy are already there...

The obvious response is that not everyone is experiencing these software issues, so replacing the hardware might do the trick.
There are so many variables, many which have NO ties to hardware (proven by when a s/w update fixes the issue), I admit it's confusing. People can report an issue here, can duplicate it at-will and give steps how they do it, and some others here can duplicate while others can't.

We just got an update to the HWS, so it will be another couple of months before we get the next update and still it may not fix your issues. Many HWS do not have the problem so there is a good chance the replacement will not have those defects, but could have others. Go for it.
You roll the dice, you take your chances. :D

Thanks to ZachS I got the replacement HWS yesterday and got everything working. So far no issues. Hopefully this takes care of the situation. Thanks To DIRT again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts