Software Update for the H20-600

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ebonovic said:
There has been a minor update for the H20-600 that start to rollout last night.

Here are the release notes:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=60443

This release doesn't include the interactive features.

WTF, I sure hope D* gets the interactive stuff working before NFL-ST starts. If not I'll probably be calling retention asking for a break on the SF pricing since the H20 can't make use of all those features of SF. :mad:

From what I have been told, there is going to be an update to bring the interactive features..

No time frame though.

ebonovic said:
From what I have been told, there is going to be an update to bring the interactive features..

No time frame though.

I hope when it does it includes a faster guide.

Is it just mine, but even controlling the volume on my TV is slow?? But when I use my remote that came with the TV is lightning fast!!

vgsantiago said:
I hope when it does it includes a faster guide.

Is it just mine, but even controlling the volume on my TV is slow?? But when I use my remote that came with the TV is lightning fast!!

The remote is also slow. The reason being is every time you press a botton (other than to control the receiver) like the volume button, it first sends a signal to the receiver. If you look at the top of the remote. When you press the volume the light under the DirecTV logo lights up first then the TV light.

The guide is much faster IMO and the text is bigger too especially in the mini-guide (blue button).

The H10 remote/program guide is 2-3x faster than the H20. You would think they could make the H20 as fast as the H10!? :confused:

Mine is still version F06 from Feb. I wonder why I didn't get the
update. I don't have the at9 dish or HD-lil so it wouldn't matter to
me until I get those.

Mine doesn't show a scheduled update. I tried a forced update but it didn't find the new version. Maybe it's becuae the box has been disconnected for a few weeks.

It is a stagerred rollout, it will take about two weeks (based on past rollouts) for everyone to get the update.

I have the dreaded "Acquiring guide data" problem on 4 (yes, four) H20-600s. No amount of "02468" during startup can get any of them to force the update. According to the release notes, this new FW supposedly corrects this issue.

I've had them go to 99% complete, and then BAM it goes to the stupid "Acquiring guide data" screen and that's it.

Don't these boxes have a service menu? It would seem like the proper place to make it get the update.

Hmm... Do you have a multiswitch in place?

Maybe if you temporarily bypassed the multiswitch...

ebonovic said:
Hmm... Do you have a multiswitch in place?

Maybe if you temporarily bypassed the multiswitch...

Not possible, MDU install. Although I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it out in the utility closet connected directly to one of the LNBs.

I'd like to add that I also have 2 H10s with no issues, as well as an older Proscan DTC-100 connected to the same MDU system, also with no issues.

It could be something with the 2 extra sats and the MDU setup...

That is the only thing I could think of it worked at someone elses home, but not yours.

I noticed yesterday that this latest update to the H20 fixes the crashing bug when you scroll through the edit favorites list. So much more pleasant using that function now.

I'm trying to recall the other weird bugs with the H20. I believe there's one where the H20 only outputs mono sound over HDMI when receiving a normal stereo signal unless you have RCAs plugged into the audio outs on the H20 but they don't need to be plugged in at the other end. I'm sure there was at least 1 other major bug known, but I can't recall it right now. I'll try and test the mono/stereo bug later today.

I forced the upgrade yesterday at the direction of D* tech support. She told me it would speed up the guide (which, of course, it doesn't)

Haven't really noticed any differences.

On a side note, in a span of 2 weeks I now have had two H20-100s and one H20-600 (refurb)

The first 100 died during the second day of use.

the 600 was fine, but after experiencing the quicker guide of the 100, this really bummed me out, so I asked for another replacement.

The second 100 had audio dropouts every 10 seconds when using the optical digital audio out. And picture freezes, every couple minutes.

Ughh. After all that, I've hooked the 600 back up and will probably just deal with the slower guide.

(Also, SD on the 600 looks a bit better to me than SD on the 100)

ebonovic said:
There has been a minor update for the H20-600 that start to rollout last night.

Here are the release notes:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=60443

The release doesn't include the interactive features.

My H20-600 got update version F014 at 4:10 this morning CDST.

So far I can't tell any difference in guide speed, etc. I'll play with it some more later today and report any significant changes.

BTW, my unit is not hooked up to a phone line. Does it need to make a call for the update to take effect? If so, how do I force the call?

Last edited:
i got the f14 software this morning at 2:19 AM
on sat 103 (Net ??) shows transponder 16 is at N/A
some channels are missing

What channels are missing?

The only ones that should be from SAT 103, would be your locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)