Software update problem? - VIP 722k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tgoggin

Original poster
May 10, 2011
Jeffersonville, NY
Does anyone know if there is a recent software update on the 722k (or any other VIP receievers) that is bricking the receiver? I was away for the weekend, came home and turned on the tv and had the Dish Network Starting Up screen. No idea how long it had been on that since I was gone for 3 days, but it was working fine the morning I left. Let it sit for about 5 minutes with nothing happening, did a hard reset and it went straight into Boot Recovery mode. The progress indicator on that screen got up to about 75% and then rebooted. Looped through this about 3 times and now all that will happen when it restarts is the green TV1 power light comes on immediately and that's it. No video, no mode or TV 2 light, nothing.

Any ideas?

Both of mine have L757 & are working normally. I had to return a 722K several months ago. The hard drive failed. It was doing exactly the same thing that yours is doing. Call Dish for a replacement.

Just checked Dish Remote Access, L757 here, whoops. No issues though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)