Software Update Release Notes 10/19/10

Does E* let us hook up multiple EHD drives to a single receiver yet? I tried to hook up two once via two USB ports and it gave me an error message. Would it work if I got a USB hub and only used one connection, or am I wasting my time as the unit will reject looking at more than one external drive?

Does E* let us hook up multiple EHD drives to a single receiver yet? I tried to hook up two once via two USB ports and it gave me an error message. Would it work if I got a USB hub and only used one connection, or am I wasting my time as the unit will reject looking at more than one external drive?
I haven't tried it on my 622 with 6.30 yet but I have 4 connected to the rear USB port on my 922 and it sees them all. 1 each for movies, music programs, series and miscellaneous. And I was archiving to 2 at the same time yesterday.

I haven't tried it on my 622 with 6.30 yet but I have 4 connected to the rear USB port on my 922 and it sees them all. 1 each for movies, music programs, series and miscellaneous. And I was archiving to 2 at the same time yesterday.

Sorry, I forgot to note that I was asking for my 722 and 622 units. The 622 in the bedroom is my main concern, but it would be nice to find out about the 722 as well.....

How do you connect more than one hard drive at the same time to the 922 rear usb port? I am curious how that works.

I got the new update (L669) for the 722k on Tuesday. Started having trouble with the Guide not responding again. Had to do a reboot. Still seems a bit sluggish. Did notice the new "searching for signal" screen, but my 722k took longer then the "5 minutes" the screen said it should take to get all signals.

Ghpr13:)

Ghpr13 said:
I got the new update (L669) for the 722k on Tuesday. Started having trouble with the Guide not responding again. Had to do a reboot. Still seems a bit sluggish. Did notice the new "searching for signal" screen, but my 722k took longer then the "5 minutes" the screen said it should take to get all signals.

Ghpr13:)

I was having that problem on 668 and I stopped rebooting it. After that night of just putting up with it, it has been fine.

And finally the long awaited Slingloaded ViP 922 is rolling out now! The new software version is S109 and features the following updates and improvements:

Wi-Fi, EHD Archiving, IR Remote Learning, ‘Yellow light’ connectivity fix, Misc.
changes/fixes Under The Hood
They finally added the learning capability now they just need to add the ability to control another receiver in the AUX position

Is the EHD data transfer an All or Nothing type. Or can we select which programs we want to transfer?
I notice it asks which device we are transferring from and To, but I didn't want to take it any further. Just in case it were to then automatically start transferring ALL of my content.

You select program(s) by checkbox and then begin the transfer(s). Caution: with the progress bar up, pressing cancel, cancels the transfers left to be done. Each transfer must be completed before the file can be accessed. For transfer to the EHD, no remaining program can be accessed until all are done. For transfer from the EHD, the program may be used as soon as it is transfered, while others remain.
-Ken

This may be off topic, but it seems I am losing my VOD content on my 722. I now only have 3 titles in HD, I just checked on my 612 and they are all there. I am not sure if this happened with this upgrade or not. Any thoughts?
Also very slugish guide data etc.....

Maybe she meant 10 of 2011? I have been holding off on buying a slingbox to see if the 700u was going to be released...I am assuming that when the extender is released they will be releasing the 700u. Or at least that is my hope and with this new update that might just clear the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts