Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I go to the DISH support forum the spacing is off again, the left column is too wide and main column too small. In this thread the spacing is correct.

Mine saves the setting properly. Firefox 35.0.1.

36.0.1? Mine doesn't. It will only retain this cookie during a single session. Stopping/restarting FF loses the cookie. :( Maybe there's a browser setting I'm missing.

36.0.1? Mine doesn't. It will only retain this cookie during a single session. Stopping/restarting FF loses the cookie. :( Maybe there's a browser setting I'm missing.

When I made that post the latest version of Firefox was 35.0.1. Since then FF has been updated to 36.0 then 36.0.1 and the setting still works correctly and is maintained.

I have my cookies set to accept and 'ask me everytime' how long to keep them, and Satelliteguys is always allowed. :)

Windows 8.1

Reactions: TheKrell
have my cookies set to accept and 'ask me everytime' how long to keep them, and Satelliteguys is always allowed.

Now I can't even find any cookie settings in FF. Where in heck did they hide it? :(

Go to Tools-->Options. Then under the Privacy tab, go to the history section and change it to say "use custom settings for history".
From there you will see what you are looking for.

Reactions: TheKrell
I have my cookies set to accept and 'ask me everytime' how long to keep them, and Satelliteguys is always allowed.

The big problem I see with setting FF to "ask me every time" is that I get multiple requests to allow or deny from many other webites on each and every page, e.g. Google.com as well as SG. And to make matters worse, the relevant cookie on SG was still not retained. :crying

The big problem I see with setting FF to "ask me every time" is that I get multiple requests to allow or deny from many other webites on each and every page, e.g. Google.com as well as SG. And to make matters worse, the relevant cookie on SG was still not retained. :crying

I've had it set to always ask for a long time so I don't often see the permission boxes unless going to a new site. That setting apparently makes no difference in your case so it's a mystery.

And to make matters worse, the relevant cookie on SG was still not retained. :crying

Scott, did you do something earlier this week? I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but the relevant cookie is now retained on my W7 work computer running FF 36.

Somewhere in the last couple of updates, the notification e-mails no longer show the contents of the new post. I don't see a preference for turning this on or off.

Am I not paying attention?

I did that about a month ago, I turned that off because to many people were replying to the email message thinking they were replying to the thread or the PM they received when it wasn't actually going anywhere. And some folks were upset thinking we were censoring them because they replied to the email and they didn't see their posts online. (It would be nice if it worked that way but unfortunately it don't.)

I did that about a month ago, I turned that off because to many people were replying to the email message thinking they were replying to the thread or the PM they received when it wasn't actually going anywhere.
Bummer. The way the message editors are headed, maybe doing the messages via one's favorite e-mail client (except for Outluck where you run a high risk of TNEF) would be preferable.

Scott, did you do something earlier this week? I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but the relevant cookie is now retained on my W7 work computer running FF 36.

Easy come, easy go. Now the cookie is again not being retained. :( What the hey? :confused: I hate it when mysterious things like this go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts