Software Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nortel5

Original poster
May 11, 2017
Boston
Hi. Every time I turn on my Directv a small bar comes across the top of the screen that says to update my software. I can not get my remote to go to this bar and actually update the software. I have the 4K Genie, HR54, I think if that matters. I've also tried rebooting the dish but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Power off the HR54 Power it back up. As soon as you see it light up press in 0 2 4 6 8

When you do that successfully you will see it starting to download the new software. Might take a few times and you have to do it fast, but do it as soon as you see it light up.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Nortel5!

I haven't seen the on screen prompt you are referring to. If you go into the menu, then to settings, near the bottom it says reset. Click on it and follow the prompts. As soon as the lights come on the front panel, enter 0 2 4 6 8 on the remote. It will download updates if there are any. If there aren't any updates in the stream obviously it won't download one.

Ahh he might have a Samsung tv. :). Use your tv Remote and press the select button if that's the case.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This is a notification that your TV has a firmware update, nothing to do with DirecTV. Use your TV controller to respond to the message.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts