Software updates for Sharp Blu-ray players

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
Here are more software updates for Sharp Blu-ray players. There is one update for models BD-HP21U & BD-HP50U, and a separate update for the model I have, the older BD-HP20U.

Blu-ray Disc Player | software

These updates correct issues playing the James Bond movies on the BD-HP21U and HP50U, and all recent 20th Century Fox releases on the HP20U.

When will it END????? I am really starting to wonder about how long I will even be able to use this player.

When will it END????? I am really starting to wonder about how long I will even be able to use this player.
Well, at least we have firmware updates now.
It took DVD format several years to work out all the bugs. And most of DVD players at that time were not firmware updateable at all. :(

What this seems like to me is that either this Sharp player is not fully rev 1.1 compliant, or disc manufacturers have some leeway in how they publish for the format. Honestly, I haven't had a lot of trouble with this player. Two discs in particular had a hard time playing in all the time that I have had it - Jumper on Blu-ray (for which they released a firmware update) and Cloverfield on DVD. For some reason this player just didn't like what Paramount did on the menus for the Cloverfield DVD release. It also doesn't handle scratched DVDs well, but that is a whole other topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)