Software Upgrade for HR-2x today?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kokomogator

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
This morning I got a message when I turned on my receiver that some things were changed in my program guide and menu functionality.....enhanced some of the options on catagory sorting as well as format info as well as playlist options....what I don't see and want the most is the 30 sec skip function....any ideas of when this will be available? Also was this upgrade part of a rollout already in process?

Last edited:
Software Upgrade for 921 today?

This morning I got a message when I turned on my receiver that some things were changed in my program guide and menu functionality.....enhanced some of the options on catagory sorting as well as format info as well as playlist options....what I don't see and want the most is the 30 sec skip function....any ideas of when this will be available? Also was this upgrade part of a rollout already in process?

Mods, shouldn't this posting be in an E* thread?

Last edited:
Their is a new software version for the HR21 "01FE". It now brings the HR21 up todate with the HR20 and all the new features.

Their is a new software version for the HR21 "01FE". It now brings the HR21 up todate with the HR20 and all the new features.

Updated for me about 1 am. I'm a new customer and member here, after having lurked for a few days.

Soon after Friday's installation I was getting a high pitched frequency coming from my audio receiver when switching channels, about half the time. After this update things seem to be working fine. I actually canceled an appointment this morning to have some one come by and take a look at it.

However, I'm still not getting the DVR Scheduler option in the TV listings section of the DirecTV site.

Thanks to all for the great forum. :up

To enable the 30 second skip you have to use the search function and do keyword search. Use 30SKIP as the keywork to search for. You won't see anything happen on the screen but it has been enabled. If you want to go back to the 30 second slip use 30SLIP as the keyword to search for.

To enable the 30 second skip you have to use the search function and do keyword search. Use 30SKIP as the keywork to search for. You won't see anything happen on the screen but it has been enabled. If you want to go back to the 30 second slip use 30SLIP as the keyword to search for.

It WORKED!!!! Fantastic!!!!

Updated for me about 1 am. I'm a new customer and member here, after having lurked for a few days.

Soon after Friday's installation I was getting a high pitched frequency coming from my audio receiver when switching channels, about half the time. After this update things seem to be working fine. I actually canceled an appointment this morning to have some one come by and take a look at it.

However, I'm still not getting the DVR Scheduler option in the TV listings section of the DirecTV site.

Thanks to all for the great forum. :up

Remote scheduling wasn't working this morning for me but it is now.

I just forced the download on my hr21 700 and it downloaded 0193 again. Am I doing something wrong to get the new version?

I just forced the download on my hr21 700 and it downloaded 0193 again. Am I doing something wrong to get the new version?

National software rollouts usually start on the west coast and work their way to the east coast. Until D* sets up things for your receiver to get the upgrage doing a forced software update will just reload the software that's setup for your box. You just need to be patient.

I just did this on mine and no change. It's a HR21-700. Any advice on what I did wrong?

I chose search -- keyword search. Typed in 30SKIP. The it asked me to choose a channel category..I left it on ALL and searched. No programs found (of course). Then I exited, figured I'd be all set, but no dice. What did I miss?

I just did this on mine and no change. It's a HR21-700. Any advice on what I did wrong?

I chose search -- keyword search. Typed in 30SKIP. The it asked me to choose a channel category..I left it on ALL and searched. No programs found (of course). Then I exited, figured I'd be all set, but no dice. What did I miss?
Go to setup and then the Info and test screen. What is your software and when was the download date. Since this is a staggered national release your box may not have gotten the update yet. For the HR21 boxes you need to have the release that just come out in order to have 30 second skip.

Go to setup and then the Info and test screen. What is your software and when was the download date. Since this is a staggered national release your box may not have gotten the update yet. For the HR21 boxes you need to have the release that just come out in order to have 30 second skip.

0x193, Downloaded 2/6...I must not have the release yet. Thanks!

Looks like I got new software last night on my new HR21-200. It now shows 0X16A. I now also have VOD. I've already downloaded 5 or 6 shows. The VOD screen says Beta, even though I never tried to get a CE version. So far it works well. I'm glad I made the switch from E*.
What is Remote Scheduling?

Looks like I got new software last night on my new HR21-200. It now shows 0X16A. I now also have VOD. I've already downloaded 5 or 6 shows. The VOD screen says Beta, even though I never tried to get a CE version. So far it works well. I'm glad I made the switch from E*.
What is Remote Scheduling?

You might want to double check that, you should have received the 0X1FE last night, check the line that says Past Upgrade for the current version.

As for remote scheduling, check DIRECTV DVR Scheduler. Basically allows you to schedule recordings via the internet or moble phone.

You might want to double check that, you should have received the 0X1FE last night, check the line that says Past Upgrade for the current version.

As for remote scheduling, check DIRECTV DVR Scheduler. Basically allows you to schedule recordings via the internet or moble phone.

My bad. That was the old version. The new one is 0X1FE (like you said :))

Thanks

Still a no, for me.

I'm on an HR21-200 and was hoping this update would allow me this feature. Are you on a HR21 and was the feature available to you before today?

Yes to HR21 and no it wasn't working before. I have had it on the HR20 for some time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts