Software upgrade for the ViP 211/411 receivers

Man, I must be lucky then cause I never received a black screen, HDMI problem or the audio sync problem. Man, I should have played the lottery. I think the odds of winning the lottery are better then getting a new E* receiver with no problems.

RandallA said:
Well, it's like most E* receivers some people see some problems and some people don't.

I don't have the black screens problem nor the HDMI problem but have the audio sync and the caller ID problem. The first two problems I would categorize them as critical, the ones that I have are not critical to me but they sure are annoying. The audio sync only happens with the HD channels.

I think a lot of this shows up in the HD boxes because there are so many possible configurations... TVs with component, and different versions of DVI/HDMI 1.0/HDMI 1.1. On the audio front people have different processors and surround sound setups. Lots of different configurations.

SatinKzo said:
Man, I must be lucky then cause I never received a black screen, HDMI problem or the audio sync problem. Man, I should have played the lottery. I think the odds of winning the lottery are better then getting a new E* receiver with no problems.

I was tempted to get in the last Powerball, but after looking at it, anything less than $400 mil just aint worth my time! :D

My only issues with my 411 have been audio sync on TNT-HD only, but I think that was channel specific, because my 6000 did the same. Blackscreen errors disappeared once I got a DPP44 switch.

sync

I noticed today on discovery health channel that it still has a sync problem. Have mine hooked up with a dvi switch then a dvi-hdmi converter.

Having my black screen of death experience. my 411 was working fine for 3 weeks or so, and I went to watch TV tonight and nothing from the HDMI. SD thru my tivo working fine. And of course, CSR could not fix and was referred to some engineers. Sigh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)