Software upgrade for the ViP 211/411 receivers

02/27/2006: 1553 Software Version L2.64 for ViP 211/DISH 411
Effective Tuesday, February 28th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.64 for the ViP 211/DISH 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L2.64 will be the valid software version for the ViP 211/DISH 411.

Looks like they are doing another software update starting tomorrow.

RandallA said:
02/27/2006: 1553 Software Version L2.64 for ViP 211/DISH 411
Effective Tuesday, February 28th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.64 for the ViP 211/DISH 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L2.64 will be the valid software version for the ViP 211/DISH 411.

Looks like they are doing another software update starting tomorrow.

That was fast. Gee L2.63, we hardly knew ya! What's the update going to do/fix?

Guess L2.63 didn't work as it was suppose to or it created new issues, which wouldn't surprise me. I'll be checking my receivers in the AM to see if they received the new software.

Are there any signs of having the Audio Sync problem fixed on the VIP-211 in the near future??

I was just watching The TonighShow on NBC-HD and the sound/picture was out of sync by at least a second.

Just got l2.64 today and still have audio sync problems. I use an optical cable. My OTA and the non-Voom HD channels are out of sync.

kevcar0603 said:
Just got l2.64 today and still have audio sync problems. I use an optical cable. My OTA and the non-Voom HD channels are out of sync.

Damn it Dish, get your act together and fix the damn thing. The black screen of death is still there with the new software update as it was reported somewhere else, so what the h... did they fix? Probably nothing.

mperdue said:
I use an optical cable and all of my channels sync up fine.

Mario

Good for you.

Since there are some 211 receivers that don't have the audio sync problem with the digital output, can people with the audio sync problem post what A/V receiver they are using. Just wondering if it has something to do with the A/V receivers.
I have a Sony A/V receiver.

I have a kenwood and the sync issues happen from time to time. Its not specific to HD channel either. It happens to my locals as well (not OTA locals). Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.

3 conversations with Tech Support including a call back after an official bug report some time ago, Dish has admitted it is a known problem with the 211/411. It is not your receiver.

Unfortuneately I was also given 3 answers on when it would be fixed:

1) With next software update--L2.63 did not fix it
2) By the end of the month--L2.64 did not fix it
3) In 1 month meaning mid March--???????

If its a hardware issue rather than software I have no idea where they will go. It is strange there are no solution "leaks" from those in the know on any forum. Everyone is avoiding the issue which does not give me warm fuzzies.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the 211 just wondering if it's only with some A/V receivers.

My 811 and even a 501 worked fine with the same A/V receiver and the same cable, so I know for sure it's the damn 211.

RandallA said:
I'm pretty sure the problem is with the 211 just wondering if it's only with some A/V receivers.

My 811 and even a 501 worked fine with the same A/V receiver and the same cable, so I know for sure it's the damn 211.

I run 4 devices including the 411 through a video processor via HDMI with aux digital connections just in case. Connection to receiver is optical from the processor. All work fine except the 411.

While some may not be having problems Dish says replacement is not a solution meaning some users just got lucky.

Well, it's like most E* receivers some people see some problems and some people don't.

I don't have the black screens problem nor the HDMI problem but have the audio sync and the caller ID problem. The first two problems I would categorize them as critical, the ones that I have are not critical to me but they sure are annoying. The audio sync only happens with the HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts