Software Version 6.16

I haven't checked out this EHD folders yet. I assume to see it you have to have the Group option turned on in the DVR recordings menu, right?

I just checked my upcoming recordings tonight and why is prime time starting at 7:15 instead of 7:00 like normal? Something I missed in the news?

I haven't checked out this EHD folders yet. I assume to see it you have to have the Group option turned on in the DVR recordings menu, right?

I just checked my upcoming recordings tonight and why is prime time starting at 7:15 instead of 7:00 like normal? Something I missed in the news?

Bush is saying goodbye tonight.

I got 616 a few days back. I noticed my "New" timer for Burn Notice started recording old episodes yesterday. I deleted the timer and created a new "New" timer. All seems to be good now ... I will need to watch my other timers and see how they do ... I did remove my Stargate Atlantis timer though (the series has ended.) ... :(

No clue.. I was simply looking for something to record/test... I'm not aware that old/new made any difference in the audio problem, only the SW level being used on the 622/722
No, but the audio problem in some cities was only on certain networks. Thats why i asked if it was fox or abc

I got 616 a few days back. I noticed my "New" timer for Burn Notice started recording old episodes yesterday.
Will have to check if that happened with ours. I recently created a timer for Burn Notice (found a re-run, tagged it, and told it "New" episodes. I would have created this timer on L614.

just got 616 and i have folders on my EHD yahoooooo

I've got 6.16 on my bedroom ViP722 and see nothing about folders on my EHD. I do, however, see something about groups on the DVR itself.

Anyone care to explain what they see on the EHD listing to allow groups?

I generally keep that EHD switched off, since it has bright lights and I rarely use it. Maybe I'd better go turn it on.

Got 6.16 the other day and "Groups" on the EHD are great, however...

Before this update, when I selected multiple recordings (i.e., to delete or transfer to the EHD) on either the 722 or the EHD, the "cursor" would automatically drop down to the next recording. I now have to select a recording, then manually arrow down to make the next selection. A minor inconvenience I know, but I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it's true for everyone with this update.

I got 616 finally yesterday - my kids had the ehd listing up when I came home from work and YES! FINALLY! EHD FOLDERS!!! When you have over 200 shows on one drive it is ANNOYING to have to scroll to find that next show you haven't seen yet. So far, I have had no problems with audio, video, or timers but I didn't have any of that before either.

Navychop, open up that ehd and unplug the lights. I make my own ehds and I never plug in the leds since they make them bright enough to see from the moon.

I've got 6.16 on my bedroom ViP722 and see nothing about folders on my EHD. I do, however, see something about groups on the DVR itself.

Anyone care to explain what they see on the EHD listing to allow groups?

I generally keep that EHD switched off, since it has bright lights and I rarely use it. Maybe I'd better go turn it on.

I think you need to enable the groups in the DVR and it will also group the shows in the EHD.

Oh and I put a black electrical tape on the bright light, works for me.

Got 6.16 the other day and "Groups" on the EHD are great, however...

Before this update, when I selected multiple recordings (i.e., to delete or transfer to the EHD) on either the 722 or the EHD, the "cursor" would automatically drop down to the next recording. I now have to select a recording, then manually arrow down to make the next selection. A minor inconvenience I know, but I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it's true for everyone with this update.

BigFella, you are correct. I just tried selecting shows on the ehd and and it does not automatically jump to the next show when you select one. Technology is so hard on the thumb muscles...

Dropouts with HDNet

ViP622 here. Got 6.16 a few days ago. Now I'm having dropouts with HDNet (I didn't have them before with this channel). Watched six episodes of Star Trek Enterprise, and all of them had random dropouts that are not reproducible by rewinding. I had about five audio dropouts per episode (one every eight minutes).
I have never had dropouts with this show or HDNet until now. Based on this initial very bad experience, I'm willing to bet that 6.16 made the dropout problem worse in my case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts