Software versions

Okay they are up to date,
My other question Chris is the Joey that has s394 is still very slow and laggy, why doesn't it have the s485? Like my other Joey that's fast and responsive
Do I need a new Joey?

Both have been hooked to the Hopper with sling for about 2 weeks now.

Not sure how long that version has been out, but it just may not have hit the other Joey yet. They are called by the receiver number.

Also try and see what software version is available for the Joey in the system info screen on both poppers

Did you get both of your Joeys at the same time? I wonder if Troch might have managed to get one of the newer regular Joeys that came out a while back with the faster processor, and one of the original Joeys. (I don't believe anyone ever found a way to distinguish between them, as Dish didn't give the improved Joey a new model number or anything). I know that I've never used "Fast" or "Responsive" to describe my original regular Joey, regardless of software version.

Reactions: Hall and thechaz05
Did you get both of your Joeys at the same time? I wonder if Troch might have managed to get one of the newer regular Joeys that came out a while back with the faster processor, and one of the original Joeys. (I don't believe anyone ever found a way to distinguish between them, as Dish didn't give the improved Joey a new model number or anything). I know that I've never used "Fast" or "Responsive" to describe my original regular Joey, regardless of software version.
Yes they both were installed together, both were new in box.

The one with s485 works just like the Hoppers as far as performance goes. Always has since day one.

The other one , is slow with channel changes, menu selections, guide navigation, and the Search functions are worst I've ever used. The response is so slow , that it skips letters sometimes, where it's almost impossible to type a Search in.

It reminds of a First generation out of the box Directv HR20 700 . Back in 2006.

uploadfromtaptalk1441650581329.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441650617978.jpg

Just a guess, but if that is a Joey 1.0, that may be the highest software it will get currently. Honestly, nothing to go off of here, so just my opinion and open to being wrong.

Reactions: Troch77 and KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts