Software versions

You have two Joeys with different software versions? If so, is the one that's connected to the original Hopper the one with S485?
Read Post 7.

They are BOTH Hooked to the HOPPER With SLING.

I don't want to sound like a Jerk, But I had stated Multiple times that both are Linked to the Hopper with Sling.

NONE of Joeys are Linked to the Hopper 2k.

The reason is so I could have Netflix access in the 2 Bedrooms the Joeys are in , that don't have smart Tvs or Rokus.

Reactions: lazydogmot
Just a guess, but if that is a Joey 1.0, that may be the highest software it will get currently. Honestly, nothing to go off of here, so just my opinion and open to being wrong.
That sounds like something it could be though, I'm not sure what model it is. Where would that info be.
Menu Twice on the Joey?

That sounds like something it could be though, I'm not sure what model it is. Where would that info be.
Menu Twice on the Joey?

Unfortunately, you can't tell. Dish decided to put a faster processor in the Joey some time after the original Joey had been out, but for whatever reason, they did not change the model number or add any identifying marks to know if you have one with the faster processor. (On the board folks sometimes call the newer one "Joey 2.0", but that is just what we started calling it, NOT an official Dish version/model number). I don't think anyone ever found a way to identify the newer one from the older one, though the idea Chad posed that there may be a difference in software version between the two now is an interesting theory.

When I got the HWS, after having an original Hopper, I asked the tech about them and he knew nothing about "new" versions. They were all the same to him. We even looked at the ones in his truck and there's nothing *except* the manufacturing date. That's the only clue but that presumes both aren't being manufactured, though there's no reason that would be the case.

Well if there is no way to update it then , maybe I'll try a different one.
But Dish can come out and figure out why it's so slow.

All the reasons it's slow have already been discussed here. You are not guaranteed one or the other Joey.

Reactions: Hall
...especially as a current customer as they almost always get refurbished units, making it even more likely to get an older unit (well, best case a 50% chance).

...or a Joey 2.0.

A 2.0 has a faster CPU but the same amount of RAM, if I'm not mistaken. A Super Joey has an even faster CPU plus more RAM.

But a super joey can't be added to a 2 hopper account.
So it really doesn't matter, I would still have to deal with this super slow joey

Unfortunately, you can't tell. Dish decided to put a faster processor in the Joey some time after the original Joey had been out, but for whatever reason, they did not change the model number or add any identifying marks to know if you have one with the faster processor. (On the board folks sometimes call the newer one "Joey 2.0", but that is just what we started calling it, NOT an official Dish version/model number). I don't think anyone ever found a way to identify the newer one from the older one, though the idea Chad posed that there may be a difference in software version between the two now is an interesting theory.
What about a Wireless Joey?
How do they function?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)