Solar Outages

GRrrrrrrr.......

I wanted to get a clear idea where 148 was sitting at as it plays hide and seek with me.....so I was waiting for this date......

And now it say N/A for Florida on 148 :(

Anyone have any info on the outage time?

Nice find.. this one earns a sticky :) I dont think Florda can see 148.. as its too far east.. Unless im wrong... witch would explain why it was playing hide and seek.. Hiding under the horizon :D :p :)

goaliebob99 said:
Nice find.. this one earns a sticky :) I dont think Florda can see 148.. as its too far east.. Unless im wrong... witch would explain why it was playing hide and seek.. Hiding under the horizon :D :p :)

Wrong....I can see it but there is something across the street that blocks it when I move the dish around the roof. Some places work - others don't. Thus I want to see exactly where it is in the sky.

I can get a mid 50s on it with a 20 inch dish and a 75 with a .9m dish.

So again, is there another chart somewhere that will calculate the time for 148 Sunout in Florida.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Wrong....I can see it but there is something across the street that blocks it when I move the dish around the roof. Some places work - others don't. Thus I want to see exactly where it is in the sky.

I can get a mid 50s on it with a 20 inch dish and a 75 with a .9m dish.

So again, is there another chart somewhere that will calculate the time for 148 Sunout in Florida.

The answer to your question is no..

ShadowEKU said:
If you disagree or prove someone wrong pelase do so in pm as to avoid starting a controversy. especially with staff :no

I would never be so foolish to say in such an absolute that something does not exist on the internet - as odds are you are going to be proven wrong.

I've gotta side with HDTVFanAtic here.

When incorrect information is posted in a thread, it must be corrected in the thread - staff member or not. HOW it is done can be important, and I don't see any issues with what HDTVFanAtic did - he didn't even mention goaliebob's incorrect answer when he answered his own question.

Finally, while goaliebob has come a long way since his beginnings, IMHO, he is still very much in a learning mode, and probably shouldn't be giving "absolute" replies unless he IS sure.

The reason why I said no was because I wasnt aware of any other sight that posted this kind of information. So naturally i said no. I'm glad that your able to find the information you were looking for but there is no NEED to beat a dead horse:deadhorse just to PROOVE some one Wrong or not. If you find the information just post it. Anyone can proove someone wrong by searching the internet as you all know you can find anything on the internet but there is a diffrence between posting information and Hounding A person because of it. There So... With that said Please keep it on topic. Im trying my best with what I have.

HDTVFanAtic said:
GRrrrrrrr.......

I wanted to get a clear idea where 148 was sitting at as it plays hide and seek with me.....so I was waiting for this date......

And now it say N/A for Florida on 148 :(

Anyone have any info on the outage time?

Great....I wait 6 months and it continues to play hide and seek as its raining and overcast now :mad:

satellite 110 in Iowa - solar outage?

RandallA said:
Solar Outages are here again. Check this link for outages by channel and date:

Our local channels in Iowa City are on satellite 110 - it has been out for over 2 hours tonight (10-4 at 10 PM).

Is this normal for a solar outage???

The 110 Satellite is VERY low on the southern horizon and we lose it way too often!

No, something else is going on with your setup. You should start a new thread and describe the problem, someone will help you. Try to include what equipment and receivers you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)