Sold my 42 inch 720p and got a 46 inch 1080p

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Got a good deal on a 46 inch panny plasma, so I sold the bedroom 42 incher, and moved the living room 42 incher there. 1080p all around now.

Just set it up and adjusting the settings, but so far so good. Very pleased.

Enjoy!!
So much fun getting a new toy.

Brings out the kid in us (at least me it does:)).

Yeah, got it around noon, and only had an hour or two to fool with it before we went to another christmas gathering. Just got home, so I am going to be up playing for a while:D

Well? You've had plenty of time to write up a ten page review! ;) C'mon, where is it? :D

Its the TC-P46S1. I swear these panny plasmas get better with each panel generation. This is the third year in a row I have gotten a new one (sell the two year old, buy a new at little to no money, keep two at a time), and each one was the best I have had until that point.

This one, I still have not gotten dialed in exactly how I want it, waiting for the break in period to end, but I can already see the promise that is there. Some of it is screen size, some of it is simply improvements in the panel itself. All in all, so far I am VERY impressed.

This may be the one I get professionaly calibrated since I saved so much money on buying it after selling the last one.

Yes. Professinal calibration will make that baby sing!!

Jeff Meier from Accu Cal does tours in our neck of the woods. I have used him twice. Does a great job with $30k equipment.

www.accucalhd.com

Congrats on your purchase. I too bought a Panasonic Plasma this year, the TC-P54S1, same as yours, just a bit bigger.

I ran nothing but full screen video for the 1st 100 hours and then used the offsets suggested in the very long thread on avsforums. Results are better colors and more natural colors at much lower user settings than the defaults.

I can't help but believe that a professional calibration would be better than what I'm seeing, and I'm wowed by mine now!

Congrats on your purchase. I too bought a Panasonic Plasma this year, the TC-P54S1, same as yours, just a bit bigger.

I ran nothing but full screen video for the 1st 100 hours and then used the offsets suggested in the very long thread on avsforums. Results are better colors and more natural colors at much lower user settings than the defaults.

I can't help but believe that a professional calibration would be better than what I'm seeing, and I'm wowed by mine now!
Yeah, I saw that thread as well, and am thinking about applying those settings to mine when the time comes

Yeah, I saw that thread as well, and am thinking about applying those settings to mine when the time comes

It takes all of about 10 minutes to do, 15 if you drink coffee or other beverage.... :)

After applying droid's offsets, my user settings are :
Contrast : 68
Bright : 63
Color : 28
Tint : +5
Sharp : 40
Temp : Warm

This gives me a plenty bright enough picture with very good color saturation and no 'greening' of some pictures as I was seeing with the factory settings. I use the 'Cinema' setting for all viewing, day or night in a room that is never fully darkened and sometimes very bright.

This little Panasonic plasma is impressive, especially with a good BD movie. But even standard def stuff looks amazing, imo.

I am running my P50S1 at settings in the ballpark of the AVS ones as well. However, a good calibration will tweak parameters only available from the service menu. The results can be as dramatic as the difference between what you have now and the initial torch mode.

FWIW, my settings are
Contrast: 52
Brightness: 62
Color: +26
Tint: 0
Sharpness: +5
Temp: warm
cats and NR: off
Black Level: light

I am running my P50S1 at settings in the ballpark of the AVS ones as well. However, a good calibration will tweak parameters only available from the service menu. The results can be as dramatic as the difference between what you have now and the initial torch mode.

The settings I used are offsets done inside the service menu. From the tons of comments on AVS it appears that the offsets are not quite as good as a professional calibration, but are very close.

I thought about calibration, but it is done to the standard, and my color vision isn't quite standard! :)

Just make sure you write down your factory settings if you go to the service menu!!!!!!!!!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts