Some Android Questions

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
I have a galaxy s2 with Sprint. The charging port is dead & sprint is going to replace phone free of charge. Have their insurance & glad I do now.

Is there something I can do to backup all my apps? I can connect to a pc as a mass media device, but unit just wont charge unless you have battery to an external charging device.

Not to worried about email & pics, but it would be nice if there were a way to backup all settings & apps. New phone will be in 1 day next week so I have a little time to research this.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Your apps are stored on your google play account When you get a new phone it will show you a list in google play of all the apps you have downloaded free or paid so you can reinstall them. As far as settings go youd have to look at the indivdual app and see how it stores your data. If it stores it remotely you should be fine if not you would have to figure out how it stores it and see from them how to save the data.

Pictures are easy just move them to your pc since you can connect.

How about apps from amazon? Are they stored on google play as well?

No, Amazon apps aren't (they're competitors). When you get the new phone, go to Amazon's page and input your cell # and they'll text a link to their app. Install it, log in, then hit Menu, My Apps, and they'll be there.

As mentioned, Google remembers all of the apps you've (ever) installed as well as which are currently installed. When you get the new phone, go through the setup and input your Google account info, it MIGHT automatically reinstall those apps. I LOVE (custom) ROMs that do this. This may not be necessary, but go into Settings, Back up and reset, and make sure "Back up my data" and "Automatic restore" are checked.

also if you are getting an HTC phone you can download the HTC transfer app which will automiatcally transfer your old phone info to the new one.

Looks like between google play & kies air I'm a good 75%+ covered.

Just need to do a little research on amazon apps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)