Some channels on Youtube TV grainy, bitstarved

I'm noticing some channels seem grainy and bitstarved. Anybody else seeing it? I can't find a setting to force high-res video.
What device?

I have CNN on right now, looks same as always.

Try restarting your Roku stick and see if it clears out. I know that my Fire tv has to be rebooted once in a while because of grainy back grounds. Once I reboot it that goes away.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
It Crowd Maurice Moss GIF

YTTV has the worst picture quality of all the top streaming services. I don’t think it’s very noticeable unless you have a large 4K tv. I have smaller TV’s scattered around the house and the picture looks fine. But on my 85” QN90B I can definitely see a difference. I’ve tried YTTV, Hulu Plus, and Directv stream. And YTTV looks worse than all the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YTTV has the worst picture quality of all the top streaming services. I don’t think it’s very noticeable unless you have a large 4K tv. I have smaller TV’s scattered around the house and the picture looks fine. But on my 85” QN90B I can definitely see a difference. I’ve tried YTTV, Hulu Plus, and Directv stream. And YTTV looks worse than all the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 85” Sony Z9K, looks great on it.

Do you subscribe to any other streaming services (Peacock, Paramount, HULU, etc.)? Is so, start a show on YTTV and then flip to one of those other services that has that same show and tell if if you don’t see a difference. For example, any show that I watch on CBS looks MUCH better on Paramount. Any show I watch on NBC looks MUCH better on Peacock. Any shows I watch on ABC or FX looks MUCH better on Hulu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk