Some HD RSN's Now LIVE!

so let me see.....we pay the same for our RSN's.......some get it in HD and some dont ??? Whats up with that ?

Very good point. My first thought was I think we should all call and/or write ceo to find out. The same thing applies to locals. I guess they would counter that they haven't increased the price from before when the channels were unavailable to everyone.

Very good point. My first thought was I think we should all call and/or write ceo to find out. The same thing applies to locals. I guess they would counter that they haven't increased the price from before when the channels were unavailable to everyone.

will be sending a email to the ceo in a few days and see what is up with the rest of the RSNs in HD

I was on the phone with a Tech Chick, she said I can't see anything tonight on those LIVE channels, because they are Blacked Out to me area, and since they didn't turn on my RSN (FSN north) I am out of luck for more HD. UNLESS there is a HD Hockey Game on there. BUT I have to view all of my Hockey games on the Center Ice Channels. (540-549ish) SO I might be SOL again.
This Chick had no clue if I would see any HD NHL Play-offs or not.

Is E* going to put some of these channels up on 61.5 and others on 129?

Or will they be on birds so that anyone hitting 61.5/110/119 or 110/119/129 will get them all?

A few months ago it was rumored that E* was going to split them between 61.5 and 129, making sure that people on the East Coast with a 61.5 dish could get their RSNs, and likewise for those in 129 coverage areas.

A few months ago it was rumored that E* was going to split them between 61.5 and 129, making sure that people on the East Coast with a 61.5 dish could get their RSNs, and likewise for those in 129 coverage areas.
That's how the 7 that are lit up now work. FOX FL is on 61.5, and the rest are on 129. The only one that's suspect is FOX South, on 129, but that's where E* put the Atlanta LIL-HD too.

There is one HD RSN uplinked to both 61.5 and 129, but it's not available yet.

I think I know the answer so sorry if it's obvious. If you order the Multi-Sport package the same blackout rules apply regardless of SD or HD. So ordering it will basically get you a number of DISH logos as you scan through other regional networks to try to pick up an HD baseball game. Now that the HD's are offered to SOME regions there is no more incentive to add the MultipSport package than before.

Is this right? I wish it wasn't but I think it is.

I was on the phone with a Tech Chick, she said I can't see anything tonight on those LIVE channels, because they are Blacked Out to me area, and since they didn't turn on my RSN (FSN north) I am out of luck for more HD. UNLESS there is a HD Hockey Game on there. BUT I have to view all of my Hockey games on the Center Ice Channels. (540-549ish) SO I might be SOL again.
This Chick had no clue if I would see any HD NHL Play-offs or not.

So unless you are lucky enough to be one of the 7 HD RSN's that are available the rest of the subs with RSN's that arent available in HD i.e.( FSN North)are getting the shaft ? Really fair E*. Why not all or none ??? I dont think my billing statement will be any cheaper than those that have their HD RSN's.

So swing that dish around to 129. :)
And lose my HD Aquarium after business hours?

After Comcast Chicago lights up and the weather warms up, I may see what my signal strengths from 129?W look like.

I think I know the answer so sorry if it's obvious. If you order the Multi-Sport package the same blackout rules apply regardless of SD or HD. So ordering it will basically get you a number of DISH logos as you scan through other regional networks to try to pick up an HD baseball game. Now that the HD's are offered to SOME regions there is no more incentive to add the MultipSport package than before.

Is this right? I wish it wasn't but I think it is.
Yep, that's right. If you want out-of-market baseball, you need EI, and you can't get it from E*.

It is understandable that E* will split up the HD RSNs between 61.5 and 129. But it is disappointing in that one can receive all of the SD RSNs from a standard dish setup, but you will only get a subset of the HD RSNs.

It is understandable that E* will split up the HD RSNs between 61.5 and 129. But it is disappointing in that one can receive all of the SD RSNs from a standard dish setup, but you will only get a subset of the HD RSNs.

Point to both 61.5 and 129. Then the only thing stopping you is blackouts and package flags.

Point to both 61.5 and 129. Then the only thing stopping you is blackouts and package flags.

The only thing stopping me is E*'s decision to not light up my RSN in HD. I am pointing at 129 already so where is my FSN North in HD (uplinked as ch 386 but NOT available) ? E* speaks of fairness to subs when speaking about MLB EI and not passing on the costs to non MLB EI subs but apparently thats doesnt apply to HD RSN's and who gets them and who doesnt ? Hmmmmmm.....

Charlie....fork over the money you saved by not getting MLB EI and light up the remaining RSN's in HD.

I wonder what they mean by "spring" for SportSouth. Hopefully it will be relatively soon as they show alot more Braves games then FSN South.

I emailed ceo@E* yesterday about when, if ever, we'd see FSN North in HD. I have not received a reply. I've emailed ceo@E* three times since I've been with dish and this is the first time i haven't gotten an immediate response of some kind.

Oh well, they're probably tired of me emailing and they don't have any good news to share anyway.

So do I understand correctly, The HD RSN's will either be on 129 OR 61.5? Not both? I'm in the FSNS territory but still have not seen channel 370 in my guide, but I have 61.5. Could it be on 129 only?

I emailed ceo@E* yesterday about when, if ever, we'd see FSN North in HD. I have not received a reply. I've emailed ceo@E* three times since I've been with dish and this is the first time i haven't gotten an immediate response of some kind.

Oh well, they're probably tired of me emailing and they don't have any good news to share anyway.

I did the same this morning for FSN-HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)