Some HD RSN's Now LIVE!

Regional Sports Networks

Does anyone know if I subscribe to the Multi-Sports Package and there is an MLB game on outside of my local area, I am in Harrisburg, PA, will I be able to watch the game?

Does anyone know if I subscribe to the Multi-Sports Package and there is an MLB game on outside of my local area, I am in Harrisburg, PA, will I be able to watch the game?

No, you will not. Blackout restrictions apply to all pro sports outside of your area. You can only watch games on your area's RSN. This is true for both standard and high definition broadcasts.

I'm not sure if this was asked already.. I did a quick search.. but anyway.....

Does anyone know if they plan to Mapdown the HD RSN's like they do with the other HD Networks? It would be nice if there was something in HD on the RSN that it would automatically tune to that station rather than the SD version.

I know this may not be technically possible though.. since it is not really a full time station. Just curious. It would be nice to have the channel sitting right next to the SD version though.

I really havn't seen anything broadcast in HD at all yet... on FSNSW.

I guess in this case it would be a "map-up" as the HD RSNs are in the 300s and the SD RSNs are in the 400s. ;) Good question though. I haven't heard, but my guess would be no unless they start adding full time HD channels.

Comcast Sports Net Chicago

And full time HD on the RSN's isn't likely until more bandwidth is available...and everyone has mpeg4 receivers.

Probably 2 years or so away, at least.

There are tons of White Sox and Cubs games on the full-time Comcast Sports Net Chicago. DISH will be losing lots of customers if they don't add this channel CONUS if D* adds it. D* has Comcast Sports in the Chicago locals area within a 100 mile or less area. Myself I will see who offers the best baseball HD next year as neither services can offer HD games to my area.

There are tons of White Sox and Cubs games on the full-time Comcast Sports Net Chicago. DISH will be losing lots of customers if they don't add this channel CONUS if D* adds it. D* has Comcast Sports in the Chicago locals area within a 100 mile or less area. Myself I will see who offers the best baseball HD next year as neither services can offer HD games to my area.

E* has been doing a nice job of adding more HD at fairly regular pace, so there might be a lot more baseball in HD later in the season and certainly by next year. But full-time HD on the RSN's is still probably 2 years away...

Are these RSNs spot beamed? I have moved from my old region but still follow my old teams. If they are not spot beamed then I can order a 622 delivered to my son's house in the old area and then install it in the new area. If I bill to my credit card they wouldn't know I didn't live in the old region. This avoids having to subscribe to the expensive packages like MLB, NBA, and CI just to get your old teams. Anyone see a hole in this theory?

Are these RSNs spot beamed? I have moved from my old region but still follow my old teams. If they are not spot beamed then I can order a 622 delivered to my son's house in the old area and then install it in the new area. If I bill to my credit card they wouldn't know I didn't live in the old region. This avoids having to subscribe to the expensive packages like MLB, NBA, and CI just to get your old teams. Anyone see a hole in this theory?
No technical reason, other than you'll need to have a line of sight to the satellite that carries your HD RSN (either 61.5 or 129), and the equipment to see it, and you won't get the RSN for the area that you moved to.

I do have line of site and I do not care about the local teams. However, I do have to switch from D*.

Does anyone know what the process is E* is using to turn on each RSN? I am sure if they could turn them all on at once they would...so I was just curious about the pace and the region.

Does anyone know what the process is E* is using to turn on each RSN? I am sure if they could turn them all on at once they would...so I was just curious about the pace and the region.

That is the $1M question right now Paradox. Either nobody knows or nobody is talking...or both.