Some Major Help Needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

loadmaster

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
duluth mn
Fortec Star Non-motorized dish (standard Kit). Trying to get Thai Channels.

I recently had Charter Com install a new cable box while I was not home. To install it, he had to disconect the line from the LBNF to the Fortec When he reinstalled the cable he used the Ant. input. During this time we had a major wind storm. Went to use the Dish and no signal. Not realizing that the tech had used the wrong input and a major wind storm I figured the Dish had moved. Well I think you can figure out what happened next moved the heck out of the dish with no improvement to the signal. Then I figured out what had happened Now my dish is so far out of whack its like starting over. Of course I wrote nothing down when I set everything up. So I need all of the settings to realiagn the dish.

Duluth Mn
I think I am looking for Galaxy25

Also bought a signal meter from Sudan. Lost the instructions. What do you use the battery compartment for if you hook up the meter between the receiver and dish.

I know when I first started this project a couple of years ago, I had a heck of a problem getting set up, but with all the help on this site, got it going hope to do the same now Thanks

Dishpointer.com can be your friend. zoom in and find a landmark to aim above. Works for me every time on a fixed. Use the Q meter in your receiver. the meter may show sig from an adjacent satellite. Your mount is probably worn where your elevation should be, but dishpointer also tells you. Elevation scale should be close. GL>

Still Looking for help. Going thru all the threads about FTA Thai T>V> I am realy confused. Am I going to have to upgrade my receiver to get the channels. My book says it will do MPEG II. Still have not locked on to a satellite and with the new numbers being thrown around I am lost. Whats up the this 101 stuff. So am I still looking for 94W only or what thanks

Your confusion begins with the fact the sat you want is no longer Galaxy 25 @ 97W, it's Galaxy 19 @ 97W. Check the link above "The List!" and look at KU list for Galaxy 19 and see if those are the channels you were getting. Then you can get the correct info from Dish Pointer site for aiming the dish @ 97W.

Hey thanks to the fast reply. That explains alot but what is the The List and where do I find it. Thanks

Apparently there have been recent changes in Thai TV channels. There are other threads regarding this. New equipment and subscription are required for some channels. But this has nothing to do with aiming a dish. And you might as well find out what is left before you spend you spend your money.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)