Some potentially interesting HD test channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

uncrules

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
High Point, NC, USA
At the other site, tracking of the D* transponder data for D10 and D11 has shown some interesting test channels. Recently there has been some test channels but now some of those test channels have names in the comments sections of the test channels. Now these comments could mean nothing, but it could be an indication of some of what could be coming.

There are test channels labeled:

FSN Cincinnati HD_HD PPV
HBO2 East HD
HBO2 West HD
FSN Ohio HD
FSN Florida HD
TMC Xtra HD East
AMC
WGN HD
ESPNU
GolTV
3D PPV
IFC
MSNBC

For those that want to here's a link to the original sighting of this info.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=2413601#post2413601

Finally!!

RSN showing ppv?? Is this what pay tv is going to. More pay tv!!

Finally!!

RSN showing ppv?? Is this what pay tv is going to. More pay tv!!

Well, currently almost all of the current HD PPV share time with part time HD RSNs. That's why D* has so many HD PPVs to make room for part time HD RSNs or the NFL Sunday Ticket channels so that D* doesn't have to take down real HD channels like they used to. IIRC FSN Cincinnati is currently a part time HD RSN that shares space with a HD PPV when the HD RSN isn't in use. So that comment probably has to do with that.

Last edited:
AMC, WGN, ESPNU, and some more movies (HBO2/TMCX) - beautiful start. Hopefully this list is what D12 starts with, and hopefully very very soon.

Realistically, from everything that's been said, we're still a month away or so. It takes almost 3 weeks to drift the satellite into place and they haven't started that yet (that they've announced). Then figure a week or so to final test in the 103 location.

Can we add QVC-HD like the other guys LOL, watta joke that is.

At least they have it ... more than I can say about D*. Hopefully they will add the channels mentioned and more and actually catch up to E*.
I don't want HD channels just so one provider can claim a certain number or so they can say we have something the other doesn't. I want HD that people actually watch (or that I watch :p), and WFN is not one of those channels.

There are test channels labeled:

FSN Cincinnati HD_HD PPV
FSN Ohio HD

DirecTV has always mismanaged the FSN-Ohio situation.

Because of the differing sports rights in different parts of Ohio and the other states involved, there are multiple feeds of this channel. Three are of interest here. The "Cleveland" feed (Cavs and Blue Jackets), the "Columbus" feed (Reds, Cavs, and Blue Jackets), and the "Cincinnati" feed (Reds and Blue Jackets).

On cable, when there is a conflict between the teams, the cable will generally move one of the games to its public access channel.

Because of weird historic reasons which no longer apply, DirecTV has two feeds of FSNO. What it labels as FSN-Ohio is the "Cleveland" feed, and what it labels as FSN-Cincy is the "Cincinnati" feed, but the guide data is that for the "Columbus" feed.

Obviously, all that needs to be done is for there to be one FSN-O channel, with the rare Blue Jackets game that conflicts with a Reds or Cavs game spooled up on an extra channel.

exactly lol, rather HAVE it and not need it then need it and not HAVE it.
So you rather them have something that is not needed, just so they can say they have it? Of which in doing so, takes up bandwidth of channels that are more popular? That makes sense. :rolleyes:

I hope Direct NEVER gets WFN.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)