Some Sonictap channels missing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Some agents get the phase 3 confused with Slimeline 3 so sometimes to get them to understand tell them you have a slimeline 3 and you just need the 5lnb upgrade.

no just the LNB has to be replaced

D* came out today and looked at my installation. The original installer put the dish close to the house and the los to 119 is blocked. They were willing to move the dish and replace the LNB at no charge but I want the dish where it is and decided it's not worth it for just a couple of music channels.

Perhaps they'll be able to move them someday to 99, 101 or 103 so we can ALL get them.

Last edited:
No they didnt .

As I shoudl watch what words I use as it not a Service call in we actuall yave a Public Interest Option upgrade order.

so it counts as an upgrade and does not charge back the tech.

When has case management ever opened an upgrade?
The OP already said it would be free since the install in under 90 days.

Stuff like that needs a class action lawsuit attached to get Directv to stop.
Yeah I know lawyers make out the best

When has case management ever opened an upgrade?
The OP already said it would be free since the install in under 90 days.

Stuff like that needs a class action lawsuit attached to get Directv to stop.
Yeah I know lawyers make out the best

class managment will do it it is easier then doing a 0 dollar SC.

If they did it right and processed it as a PI option upgrade then it doesnt matter if it in 90 days or not.

Directv installer showed up today, on time. He did not have a clue. I asked him, "What does the work order say?" "Does not get some of the channels." says TOM. I explained what Stone told us. He said he got ALL the music channels with a three LNB. Wrong Answer. I showed him my list and asked for a 5 LNB. He said like, "Well I'll be darned." And he went to work. .. As he left he thanked me for showing him "a new trick." He checked the signal strength on all the birds.
Good job.

Iceberg said
807-Rat Pack (50's music)
815-Holidays (assume its just during xmas time)
824-groove lounge
852-jazz
853-Metro Blend
855-Great Standards
861-Pump (they have some decent music...Van Halen was on when I turned it on)
865-Piano
870-Fiesta
873-Mexican
876-Mariachi
877-Carnival Brasil
880-Family Favorites (60's-today soft rock music...they had the Wallflowers on when I turned it on)
881-Italian
882-Italian Contemporary

883-Irish
884-Tranquality

I am getting audio, no graphics, of several of these on 9560 to 9572.
For example 9561 Rat Pack. Is anyone getting these?
I do have the 5 LNB and I don't know if I got these when I had the 3 LNB.

Lets really boil down to it. Some people will find anything to cry about even when the company does right by them.

I want my extra music channels

no problem sure lets get that lnb swaped out for you

DTV is horrible and evil they are depriving me.

Sir were going to fix the issue for you .

Its not fair its not fair your trying to rip us off..

Sir I would really lke ot set a time to get a tech out there to take care of this for you.

Customer with stick beating a dead horse.

I don't know if you work for Directv, but let me tell you my situation on this.

I was one of the oldest DTV customers, back in 1996. This is when you had to pre pay for the year to get the receivers, and USSB was a separate company for your premiums. I loved DTV and had it for years, until 2007 when FIOS came around. I couldn't afford to uprgrade 6 boxes to HD plus the dish, that's the only reason I left. Customer service always knew what they were doing, never had one problem.

Now, back in August, I moved to NC. Fios is not here. I was away from Directv long enough to get a deal on the equipment and such. It's been nothing but fighting with them on everything. First the missed appointment. Then trying to be compensated for my lost work time. (And please, I don't want to hear they are independent contractors that screwed up, this was due to the equipment shortage that Directv has).

In October is when I look for my holiday music. Always have, always will. I looked up online to see if Sonictap has any. I find it's on 815. I turn to it and get the channel not available. I had to research why. Oh, it's because Directv likes to cheap out on the dish, most won't notice the missing channels. I did, like you stated, called them to get it swapped. What a crock. They tell me that i have to pay $125. I ask for a supervisor. He repeats this. I let him know I am paying for these channels. He says the music channels are a "courtesy". "Really", I say ,because you're advertising 225+ channels, and I'm missing 16 audio channels. He actually puts me on hold to count them. He comes back and says "Well, you're still getting 226 without those". That's when I blew a gasket, and ran down the list of other channels with Jewsih Life, Hope and such. I said now we're up to over 21 channels missing. He didn't know what to say. Only repeating that I had a "14 day window" to complain. I have never yelled at any employee ever, as I know it's hard to work in public service, but this guy playing semantics about how many channels and how he wasn't giving me a new lnb, I went off. I finally threatened to dispute the charges for all the equipment and for the false ads (also counting the false watch 2 and record 2 shows with whole home DVR, when even the tech who installed stated Directv lied on that). He finally says he'll do it, but has to charge my credit card, then get it back as a credit on my bill. Fine.

Check an hour later on my account page. Idiot put down a 3 lnb on the work order. I had to call back again. Another hour on the phone, I finally find a nice woman with brains, that says "Good thing you caught that". Plus she credited back my card instead of waiting for the billing credits.

What I 'm trying to say is, don't say how easy it is, like a 2 minute call will get it changed for free. Directv was in the wrong from day one, and I have every damned right to bitch about it, as do the others here. Directv is not anywhere near the company they were.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)