Some Uplinks may be of interest to HD viewers

Well, I'm just glad old Charlie is adding HD content! E* is steadily building a very formidible HD slate and I'm glad to see it!

---Doug

JohnH said:
There are some scary things out there, A&E and History are testing 720p on Cband and stretching 4X3 stuff. :(

I wish people would just boycott this garbage! TNT-HD is a joke 70-80 percent of the time with their stretched 4x3 crap.

I do boycott TNT HD, almost never watch it. Between the stretched 4:3 crap and all of the commercials, it is hard to watch.

As to 61.5, how much capacity remains on that bird? Could they add 2 more HD channels? 4? 6?

Or will E* have to get H.264 working properly in order to gain that one extra channel per transponder in order to add another 4-6 HD channels?

keithshoe said:
Basketball on TNT HD is not bad. Rest of it is weak though.

NASCAR in the fall isn't bad either. Starting in 2007, there will be more races on TNT than previous years, since NBC is exiting the picture after 2006. TNT will have a mid-season package of races, I believe.

I do boycott TNT HD, almost never watch it. Between the stretched 4:3 crap and all of the commercials, it is hard to watch.
Still looks better than Dish SD locals. That picture makes you sick at your stomach. Every time I think my TV is broke.

Ok everyone, I was walking into another room and I saw a commercial on NG for NGHD saying that dish was going to carry, then immediately after a dish commercial.. also need to mention I was at my friends house on direct when I saw it :)

glad I have two 622's to go home to...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)