Some Uplinks may be of interest to HD viewers

tnale said:
What is MHD?

MTV-HD. From reviews I've read here and avsforum.com, it's actually a pretty decent channel right now, with concerts and I believe some actual (gasp!) videos. Hopefully it doesn't become just MTV-HD...

Any speculation (or fact) on whether NatGeo HD will be included with ALL the HD packages (HDBronze, HDsilver, etc etc)? Or will they start some segration.
What I mean is, since Nat Geo SD is only included in AT180, will NGHD only be in it's "HD equivilant" package (HDGold/HDPlatinum)?
I think this is the first case we've seen of a higher teired SD channel having an HD conterpart added.

Hopefully they'll just consider it another HD channel and bundle it in with the rest of them regardless of which HD metalic pack you subscribe to....

I have HD Bronze and am keeping my fingers crossed. Nat Geo HD is coming is great news indeed!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I heard a few weeks ago they were trying to decide between National Geographic and MHD.

Glad they chose National Geographic. :)

Scott...out of curiosity why was it an either/or situation...why not both? There is capacity, isn't there?

DWS44 said:
Scott...out of curiosity why was it an either/or situation...why not both? There is capacity, isn't there?
Yep there is.. infact im stairing at a tp that has only espn2hd on it.. on 129.. and I know there is space over at 61.5 as the tp that natgo and hgtvhd has room for one more 1080I channel at full rez. in mpg 4, Not to mention the one tp that has RBTI on it (channel 575) and thats the only channel that is on that tp..

I think any new HD Channels that come out will be included for HD subcribers on new receivers. Except the ones like HBOHD,ShowtimeHD, and if they add StarzHD you probally will half to pay extra for it. The rest should come standard with the rest of the current HD Channels from what I understand.

cfunk said:
Dude, you don't even know what you're talking about. Sounds like sour grapes to me

For sure bro! Ive never seen a reported problem what that 129 sattelite :D

Those 622's and 211's, they dont have any threads devoted solely to their glitches, no sir :D

Rock on fantasy man :D

guffy1 said:
For sure bro! Ive never seen a reported problem what that 129 sattelite :D

Those 622's and 211's, they dont have any threads devoted solely to their glitches, no sir :D

Rock on fantasy man :D

Obviously you've had mucho problems with 129, as well as others, mostly on the west coast. While I live outside the supposed 129 install area, I can pick it up alright (not great tho) with a d1000. Maybe you could try a separate dish pointed at 129 to increase signal levels. If a two dish solution won't pass the wife test or something, then you probably are stuck with cable or D*. However the majority of us who can get good signal from either 61.5 or 129 will be enjoying our new HD channels in a few weeks :)

goaliebob99 said:
Yep there is.. infact im stairing at a tp that has only espn2hd on it.. on 129.. and I know there is space over at 61.5 as the tp that natgo and hgtvhd has room for one more 1080I channel at full rez. in mpg 4, Not to mention the one tp that has RBTI on it (channel 575) and thats the only channel that is on that tp..

I would think it would be more of a contracting issue as to why MHD wasn't chosen. Maybe they wanted more money than NatGeo. We all know Charlie is a tight wad :).

As Goalie said there is plenty of space at 61.5 and 129 for at least one more HD channel.

HokieEngineer said:
I would think it would be more of a contracting issue as to why MHD wasn't chosen. Maybe they wanted more money than NatGeo. We all know Charlie is a tight wad :).

As Goalie said there is plenty of space at 61.5 and 129 for at least one more HD channel.

I would think the other HD channel would be Food Network which launches on June 30.

You know all about these problems because you have a 622 and a 211 right?
Or is it because you have Directtv and nothings going on with that so
go to Dish Network threads and make fun of E so you can feel better.

When is it that Dish is going to offer Distant HD Nets to those that qualify? Is that still in the plans? I kind of remember reading somewhere it was suppose to happen in June.

Personally, I would rather see Equator-HD at 1920x1080i and E* use the transponder space for another HD channels at this time. Maybe I'm wrong, but between Discovery and Equator I think they cover a great deal of the material that will be broadcast on NGHD. In any case, it's always nice to see more 1920x1080i HD.:)

riffjim4069 said:
Personally, I would rather see Equator-HD at 1920x1080i and E* use the transponder space for another HD channels at this time. Maybe I'm wrong, but between Discovery and Equator I think they cover a great deal of the material that will be broadcast on NGHD. In any case, it's always nice to see more 1920x1080i HD.:)

I really hope these channels will be in their native resolution. The only thing that gives me hope is when they added UniversalHD it was 1920x1080, and that was after the voom fiasco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)