Somebody jacked my RA super joey WTF!?!?!?!

...and now its between UPS and Dish to figure out who is going to eat the cost of that stolen box.
Normally this will fall on UPS. Dish may have made an arrangement with UPS in exchange for bigger discounts to self-insure their shipments though, meaning, they can't file claims in cases like this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Fedx left a expensive receiver on my front porch ignoring the note that I put on the door to ring the door bell, before leaving the package. Luckily, I found it before someone else did. They just opened the screen door and shoved it in, without looking farther.

if there is no one home and the package does not require a signature, they will leave it at the front door. This is not the fault of the driver or UPS.
Obviously you have a thief among you and I would guess this is not the first time this thief has cased your neighborhood for this kind of opportunity.

UPS should eat the cost of it. It's up to UPS to successfully deliver it. What actually winds up happening, I don't know. I always have heard that UPS will have to eat the cost.

I had somewhat the opposite experience with Best Buy. I had a UPS delivery scheduled, and it was apparently signature required. Got a note on the door. I call, ask if I can pick it up at the local distribution location, as I know where it is. I was told no...that Best Buy had restricted it so much, I could only take delivery at my home, I could not pick it up anywhere. They would let me note on the form that I could let them drop it no signature required, but if anything happened, it was on me. I really found that annoying...if you have to have a signature when people are working, how about letting us stop by the distribution center on our way home from work to get it. Nope.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way, shape, or form.
The package WAS delivered successfully. UPS is NOT a "by hand delivery" courier service.
As long as the conditions of the delivery were met and the driver made all efforts ( ring doorbell/ knock on door) to contact an occupant of the home and most importantly was delivering to the correct address, the UPS driver obeyed all company rules.
It is up to the receiver of package to insure the package is secure once the driver completes the delivery.

I often have packages dropped at my driveway entrance and they call it "porch" in their delivery notes. My driveway is 800 feet from the house and 60+ feet in altitude away. It seems some drivers from UPS and FedEx may be intimidated by not being sure if they can turn around...or just lazy <g>

Last year I got notified that UPS had delivered 2 packages by my front door. I get home there are no packages, so two hours later I am on the phone with UPS, and the truck pulls in my driveway and hands me to the boxes that "had been delivered" already.

My hands are washed of the issue, I got my new super joey that works instead of a stupid joey.
So now I have a working super joey that doesnt want to reboot or loose hd signal when ever it feels like it.

Dish could've saved themselves all this hassle and cost of shipping by letting me take a super joey from the warehouse(I am a internal tech) instead of making me go through "offical" channels.

Reactions: TheKrell
I used to work with a guy who would have computer equipment delivered to his house, take possession of the item and then file a claim with the shipper or vendor that it had been stolen from his front porch. He got away with it many times by spreading his purchases among various carriers and vendors.

As told to me by UPS drivers, the unofficial policy/rule is the driver can use their discretion - based on the neighborhood - as to leaving packages unsigned. That said, I've had drivers knock on our screen door (inside door is open) and leave the package and be back in their truck before we can walk to the door. Or, hand a package to us and not ask for a signature.

I used to work with a guy who would have computer equipment delivered to his house, take possession of the item and then file a claim with the shipper or vendor that it had been stolen from his front porch. He got away with it many times by spreading his purchases among various carriers and vendors.
except it doesnt work this way with a super joey or any dish receiver, because those receiver numbers, smart card numbers, and serial numbers are all tagged to an account.

like I said before I live in a small town of 24-2500 people in SE Oklahoma which has a very bad meth problem.

My hands are washed of the issue, I got my new super joey that works instead of a stupid joey.
So now I have a working super joey that doesnt want to reboot or loose hd signal when ever it feels like it.

Dish could've saved themselves all this hassle and cost of shipping by letting me take a super joey from the warehouse(I am a internal tech) instead of making me go through "offical" channels.

Probably Dish rules. I know that call center employees are not allowed to pull their own accounts up on their work computers (supposed to get your boss to do so). I could imagine similar for techs when it comes to fixing/replacing equipment, but admittedly, I don't know what is allowed on the technician side.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way, shape, or form.

Probably Dish rules. I know that call center employees are not allowed to pull their own accounts up on their work computers (supposed to get your boss to do so). I could imagine similar for techs when it comes to fixing/replacing equipment, but admittedly, I don't know what is allowed on the technician side.

I did end up getting one from the warehouse but I got my chain of command involved(above fsm level) that is how I got the OK, and was told you ever need to replace something just ask.

I often have packages dropped at my driveway entrance and they call it "porch" in their delivery notes. My driveway is 800 feet from the house and 60+ feet in altitude away. It seems some drivers from UPS and FedEx may be intimidated by not being sure if they can turn around...or just lazy <g>
Would you take the chance of risking a $70k or more per year with a pension( UPS) if there was a possibility of wrecking the delivery vehicle for ONE package?

except it doesnt work this way with a super joey or any dish receiver, because those receiver numbers, smart card numbers, and serial numbers are all tagged to an account.

like I said before I live in a small town of 24-2500 people in SE Oklahoma which has a very bad meth problem.

Understood. I was simply saying that this kind of stuff goes on all the time and I apologize if you thought I was saying that you were trying to scam things. Not my intention.

Last year I got notified that UPS had delivered 2 packages by my front door. I get home there are no packages, so two hours later I am on the phone with UPS, and the truck pulls in my driveway and hands me to the boxes that "had been delivered" already.
UPS drivers are monitored by so many factors of performance the formulas boggle the mind.
More than likely, your local driver has found a way to 'massage' the system.
Absence of malice

As told to me by UPS drivers, the unofficial policy/rule is the driver can use their discretion - based on the neighborhood - as to leaving packages unsigned......

If you have UPS/MyChoice where you can choose options about signatures there is a section that says pretty much that.

Reactions: nelson61

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)