Somebody please explain this to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mlyles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
SC
I have called DirecTV 3 times. Their answer to this question makes no sense. Here goes: I have 3 receivers - 1 Genie, 1 HD-DVR, and 1 standard HD receiver. I am being charged $10 DVR fee, $10 HD fee, and $3 Whole-home fee. Of course, a total of $23. My question is why can't they switch me to the $15 Advanced receiver service fee, which is $15. Doesn't it just combine all 3 services? That way I would save $8/month. I haven't been successful and getting anyone at DTV to understand the question, much less give me an answer. Please help. Thanks.

Because that rate is for new customers only, they also pay the 7/mo for the 1st (primary) ird that you get credited to make free, you would only end up saving 1$

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yeah ... he must be on the oldest account system (like me, sub since '95) ...

Accounts created prior to 2/9/2012 - $10.00 Adv. Receiver Fee + $10.00 HD Access Fee + $3.00 WH Service Fee = $23.00. Mirror fee for 1st receiver, now $7.00, waived.

Accounts created between 2/9/2012 and 7/23/2014 - All three of the above fees are combined under one $25.00 Adv. Receiver Fee. The $7.00 Mirror fee for first receiver is again waived.

Accounts created on 7/24/2014 and afterwards eliminate the $10.00 HD Fccess Fee from the previous $25.00 Adv. Receiver Fee for a $15.00 ASF with the waiver on the $7.00 Mirror Fee for the 1st receiver eliminated for a total of $22.00.

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3267/

Note: The receiver mirror fee listed in the link should be $7.00
Not $6.50.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Yeah ... he must be on the oldest account system (like me, sub since '95) ...

Accounts created prior to 2/9/2012 - $10.00 Adv. Receiver Fee + $10.00 HD Access Fee + $3.00 WH Service Fee = $23.00. Mirror fee for 1st receiver, now $7.00, waived.

Accounts created between 2/9/2012 and 7/23/2014 - All three of the above fees are combined under one $25.00 Adv. Receiver Fee. The $7.00 Mirror fee for first receiver is again waived.

Accounts created on 7/24/2014 and afterwards eliminate the $10.00 HD Fccess Fee from the previous $25.00 Adv. Receiver Fee for a $15.00 ASF with the waiver on the $7.00 Mirror Fee for the 1st receiver eliminated for a total of $22.00.

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3267/

Note: The receiver mirror fee listed in the link should be $7.00
Not $6.50.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk
I was in that first category as well, was confused how they can give the current sub the $10 discount (no HD Fee) and not give thier existing subs the Free HD ... particularly the long time subs.

Watch DIRECTV on Multiple TVs 14.00
2 TVs at $7 each
Advanced Receiver Service 15.00

That's what it says on my bill. I'm paying $29 a month for 2 TVs. Am i supposed to get billed for each TV on top of the advanced receiver fee?

2 TVs at $7 each

That's what it says on my bill. I'm paying $29 a month for 2 TVs. Am i supposed to get billed for each TV on top of the advanced receiver fee?
Yes.

Reactions: Marcingak
2 TVs at $7 each

Look at your bill and see under Credits, what of those charges they remove in the credit section.

Look at your bill and see under Credits, what of those charges they remove in the credit section.
None of them will be Jimbo. Under the new price structure you pay for every tv, plus a $15 advanced receiver fee.

It used to be $25 per month for advanced receiver fees, which was $15 for DVR and $10 for HD.

So at that point your $10 for HD, $10 for DVR and $3 for whole hone was $2 cheaper.

Then about 18 months ago they reduced advanced receiver services to $15, but starting charging $7 for the first receiver, bringing the cost to $22.

Your only paying $1 more than you should.

Wait another year or 2 and you'll be better off when the receiver fees go up some more

It used to be $25 per month for advanced receiver fees, which was $15 for DVR and $10 for HD.

So at that point your $10 for HD, $10 for DVR and $3 for whole hone was $2 cheaper.

Then about 18 months ago they reduced advanced receiver services to $15, but starting charging $7 for the first receiver, bringing the cost to $22.

Your only paying $1 more than you should.

Wait another year or 2 and you'll be better off when the receiver fees go up some more
They made this confusing when they lumped it all together ...
For me it was always 10 + 10 + 3
Which I never liked because I don't use the Whole Home part but got stuck paying anyways.
Now my bill isn't broke down like that anymore so I can't see it ... but it doesn't matter anymore anyways.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)