Someone Should Tell DirecTv...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Neutron said:
We're going to switch to Comcast when we move to our new house.
Good luck with that, I did switch back in January when my HD TiVo died and while their Motorola box is impressive and highly hackable, the PQ in SD twice as bad as either satellite provider and the HD, while eyepopping as VOom was is limited and always will be.

The moral of the story is the grass is always greener on the other side. I am going to continue to eat the crap that D* shovels down my throat becuase the NFL ST HD games are amazing and I am not sure I'll ever get the wife off a TiVo platform now that she "tore-up" the Ucentric box. That AT&T Home dealy that Scott previewed is likely to be the best to come for sometime, unless you're lucky enough to be in a FIOS market.

If they added NESN-HD it would have a better picture quality, than the SD version. During Red Sox home games it would only remind Red Sox fans how bad they need a new stadium, to replace the outdated and rundown Fenway Park.

salsadancer7 said:
Ahh....any body have change for a $20?:D ;)

Seriously folks, UNTIL D* does SOMETHING...ANYTHING about their HD content everything they say you have to take with a grain of salt. They have had more or less the same HD channels for what? 2-3 years now? Then theres the NFL ST...I was with D* back in 2001 when I 1st bought my HDTV and was all excited...but then something happened....NFL ST went from $149 to now, what? Almost $300 !!
Wait until that ST contract is complete...I doubt D* will have enough $$$ to pay for an exclusive contract so it will be offered to EVERYONE...then things will get interesting.....:D Until FiOS comes to Miami(which I doubt.....), I will stick with E*.

When does the contract run out? Not that I want ST, I just want D* to get off their butts!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.