something fishy going on with dtvs signal, older receivers and e-86s going bad

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mjones1973 said:
I have an HTL-HD which is also the same and it's working fine also on all channels.

I have had good luck with my HTL-HD, had to replace the E8 with a H10, last year. The only problem I am having with the HTL-HD that sometimes when you exit the search screen, it will re-boot the unit. Been that way since the last upgrade in 9/2004.

If you replace it, or really in general, if you enclose sat boxes and A/V units in an enclosure, I always recommend installing a push-pull fan setup. They make silent fans specific for this. Most units dies because of dust/dirt contamination and heat; excluding the ones blasted by bad /dirty power and lightning.

JSB said:
That sucks. When I bought it, 2 1/2 years ago it was far from cheap!

mjones1973 said:
JSB - Sounds like the HD300 in question is dying, you should be able to send it out for repair.

Not sure repairing it is worth the money with the mpeg4s coming out. I tried to get dtv to give me an H10-250, since I am beyond my subscription obligation. They offered it to me for $250, as a lease! I know this has been discussed in morbid detail in this forum, and I am not trying to turn this thread into another one of those discussions. I don't think I should have to pay $250 for a leased receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)