Something up with 5Max's launch?

nsps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
So Cinemax's online guide claims that Three Kings and Pan's Labyrinth are in "TrueHDTV," but I'm getting what looks like 4:3 SD. Are other people seeing the same thing, or is my 722 just confused?

Thanks!

Yeah, and Cinemax's channel guide marks titles with a "trueHDTV" logo to indicate that the program is available in HD (i.e. "BEDTIME STORIES FEATURE 03" on MoreMax HD doesn't have the TrueHDTV logo, suggesting it's SD up-convert). I know that HD transfers of both films exist, so it seems like maybe Dish is still working out some kinks—understandable with so many channels out today.

cant broadcast what isnt made in hd

Psssst...

Films are natively HD. The question is, do they have an HD transfer.

Three Kings is older, wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have an HD transfer of it, but Pan's Labrynth just premiered, so surely they have it in HD. Maybe DISH had a technical problem and did an upconvert so they wouldn't mar their big day.

Yeah, the films in question are definitely available in HD, as Cinemax's website even acknowledges. Otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up.

And in the case of films, it's a matter of what's been transfered to HD, not what was made in HD. (Film is higher resolution than HD.) The reason I'm so excited about MGM-HD is to see new HD transfers of classics as they become available.

The guide doesn't list anything as (HD) on this channel, even stuff the main cinemax has shown in HD. Is a directv style HD channel that hasn't actually launched yet?

they took two movie channels filmfest and vmovies which are non-premium for a bulshit like this that it is just a place holder. Nothing f**** HD on this sh****t..

I agree with Sean, they took two good Voom movie channels that played 100% HD movies and placate us with mixed HD and SD crap.

The only explanation has to be that E* is not sending the correct HD fee from Cinemax. The channel has not shown ANY hd content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)