SOmething wrong with SES-6 ( 40.5W)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
RCN is gone for good. Not even marginal signal. Nada, zero. Have you had a chance to see it today?
Around 130 FTA and the rest scrambled. But the scrambled chs are good to tune up the antenna. My dish has two LNBs mounted one aside the other, circular and linear. I also has a 36 positioner and got almost everything from 24W to 127W. ( had to modify the limits)
By the way, MY Gente was gone two alsmot one month ago and today is back.
Hi Bro.
RCN (40.5 W) & Caracol (58.0W)sometimes are Open sometimes are encrypted.
Last weekend I saw 20% of signal of RCN at 40.5 so I am sure that this is still there but I need to adjust my antenna. The same thing with "Telecafe"..
My Gente Tv is Up there i am watching every day (too much Vallenato.:D)..This Frecuency I have noted little bit more stronger after transition(Nss806 to Ses-6)
I am strongly thinking to work in the Proyect to replace the design of the dielectric plate(to "T" or "arrow form" some testers in south america reports good things) and / or use one "despolarizador Turbinado" to gain more signal quality. I dont know If anybody on this forum Have tried before. So Far, I have taken off the Cover plastic on the Top of my LNB because I have noted to gain few points of quality in some Tp's..Example QM, AM sports, Argetninisma channels are viewable after remove the tap. With the Tap these channels are viewable but pixelated so my conclusion is that The Cover is Blocking few points of signal.
One Question You are mentioned that you are Using 2 LNB (circular & linear) with Motor..What LNB you are Using in the center of the focal Point, and what is your secondary..Or you are following the "pedragon" project 2 LNB's attached viewing to the center of focal point

It's a circular waveguide de-polarizer, and is discussed on some South American FTA sites.

The cool thing about it is it allows BOTH circular and linear signals, and supposedly doesn't have the loss involved in using the dielectric plate

Hi Bro.
RCN (40.5 W) & Caracol (58.0W)sometimes are Open sometimes are encrypted.
Last weekend I saw 20% of signal of RCN at 40.5 so I am sure that this is still there but I need to adjust my antenna. The same thing with "Telecafe"..
My Gente Tv is Up there i am watching every day (too much Vallenato.:D)..This Frecuency I have noted little bit more stronger after transition(Nss806 to Ses-6)
I am strongly thinking to work in the Proyect to replace the design of the dielectric plate(to "T" or "arrow form" some testers in south america reports good things) and / or use one "despolarizador Turbinado" to gain more signal quality. I dont know If anybody on this forum Have tried before. So Far, I have taken off the Cover plastic on the Top of my LNB because I have noted to gain few points of quality in some Tp's..Example QM, AM sports, Argetninisma channels are viewable after remove the tap. With the Tap these channels are viewable but pixelated so my conclusion is that The Cover is Blocking few points of signal.
One Question You are mentioned that you are Using 2 LNB (circular & linear) with Motor..What LNB you are Using in the center of the focal Point, and what is your secondary..Or you are following the "pedragon" project 2 LNB's attached viewing to the center of focal point

It is actually three-in-one: circular is the secondary and primary focus is a dual-bander c&ku.

Milton-20131014-00558.jpgMilton-20131014-00559.jpg

The circular is the old reliable BSC-421; the Ku/C LNBF is the excellent new NS-741. If you want to try a Ku&C band LNBF, make sure you buy this model and from a reliable source.
I have an excellent repsonse in Ku Band with this solid dish and the NS-741.
36" actuator and polar mount Fortec 6' dish. Hope it helps.

It is actually three-in-one: circular is the secondary and primary focus is a dual-bander c&ku.

View attachment 91985View attachment 91986

Thanks for your pictures , Good installation and Idea
;)
and I am "double" surprised that Ses-6 is your "secondary" and even receiving too much channels..wow:eek:..

I moved a little bit the circular LNB and was able to get back Telecafe, TRO and some others but nothing yet about RCN, Vallenato, do you still have RCN with your set down in Texas?

I moved a little bit the circular LNB and was able to get back Telecafe, TRO and some others but nothing yet about RCN, Vallenato, do you still have RCN with your set down in Texas?

Not Yet Bro. I am still working on my dielectric plate projects and also to adjust my antenna..Current I have 50 free channels..Telecafe is one that I am low on signal right now..Nothing about RCN yet:cool:

Looks like RCN TV finally solved their problems, coming fine now at 4016 V 5713, just watched Iron Man.

Got it. The satellit owners may have had troubles aiming it up properly. Slowly, all the channels are coming back here in Toronto and signal has been improving as well.

By the way, I am still missing City TV and TV Islas. Any luck with them?

Looks like RCN TV finally solved their problems, coming fine now at 4016 V 5713, just watched Iron Man.

If I can chime in here, both of those channels asking about are back at same parameters. Also, normally $$, is Globo Recife FTA.
For how long, probably not very long as it is almost always $$. Part of the hobby!

I dont think the problem with these two channles are they are back to $$, as of today, there is no signal at all and used to be very strong, specially CityTV
If I can chime in here, both of those channels asking about are back at same parameters. Also, normally $$, is Globo Recife FTA.
For how long, probably not very long as it is almost always $$. Part of the hobby!

Both channels (R) mentioned are FTA but Globo, (L) is now $$.
yes but the questions is, do you receive any signal at all? Both channels show 42 signal and quality zero, that is usually what you get when there is nothing out there on that transponder. At lest with the Geosat microHD.

yes but the questions is, do you receive any signal at all? Both channels show 42 signal and quality zero, that is usually what you get when there is nothing out there on that transponder. At lest with the Geosat microHD.

Remember that FEC of 7/8 on City requires one to have more signal to receive (less error correction from receiver), compared to RCN that is 3/4 FEC. RCN is stronger than City. X2, Vantage, Coolsat receive all fine. 10' mesh.

Yesterday I lost some Channels on Ses6 40.5W Mainly from Colombia(Canal1, señal colombia, telecaribe etc etc)..Last weekend those channels worked very well.
I have read on this page
http://www.portaleds.com/espanol/listar.php?sat=3195
and appears that some channels are emigrating to DVB-S2 . Anybody can else reporting changes?. Openbox S9 Can not detect if the channels are DVBS or DVB-S2.. Probably Users with 6 ft (like me) or on the border of footprint could start to miss signals. I hope not:eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)