Sonicview 8000hd no reception on 83w Ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
The 83w satellite does not exist in my sonicview 8000hd so I manually scanned in between 82w and 84w and was able to catch Retro TV and Tuff TV. I stored them into the channel list and nothing. I was able to setup my Openbox S9 and lock in onto 83w with like an 85% quality and watch it all day. I copied all of the transponder info and then setup my sonicview again at the same location and still no picture at all. I think I heard the sound come on for a half second. Do these channels have a modulation type that the Sonicview won't find? Is there a different setting I need to use for modulation? The SV defaults to dvb-s or qpsk or whatever. I am confused as to why I can't get these channels when I know I have a strong signal.

you should be able to get them with the SV....if you have an add on board in your receiver try selecting the internal tuner and not the add on board....

Ya I forget to do that sometimes because when I unplug the receiver it defaults to the add-on board and it gets way less reception and won't blind scan. I don't even understand what the add-on board is for I should just take it out because it is a hassle.

the add on board is a "hackers board" to get a certain providers HD channels....you dont need it for FTA....all it does is make the receiver run hotter....

that part I knew. Didnt know if it was easy to remove or not ;)

oh sorry....yup its simple....5-10 min job at most....4 screws to remove the cover....then you just have to unplug 2 ribbon cables....remove the board....re-install cover....done

some reference pics i found....with and without the board....

Attachments

• SV-8000-HDPICS024.jpg
    SV-8000-HDPICS024.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 215
  • SV-8000-HDPICS015.jpg
    SV-8000-HDPICS015.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 214
I also noticed when watching Retro TV that the sound was not synced with the people's mouths. I tried all available audio settings but it was still off. What is up with that?

I also noticed when watching Retro TV that the sound was not synced with the people's mouths. I tried all available audio settings but it was still off. What is up with that?

if this happens try changing the channel for a few seconds and then change back (on the same satellite)....sometimes this happens to me on the first channel that is displayed when i move the motor to a different satellite....after i change the channel it is fine....

I've seen that happen on a couple receivers of mine. Usually rocking it back and forth (channel up and down) fixes it ;)

Ya this happened on the Openbox which is the only one I have that can receive this channel as of now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)