to move my dish

the vision sat is stuck on gdmux
and does not let me use the remote aT ALL

i would love to use the pc card .. it works realy well

please HELP
thanls
docj
:confused:

Have you shut off the switch on the back of the Visionsat and tried turning it back on? I recall mine freezing up when I first got it in 2008 on what I think were HD or other feeds it wouldn't play. There a couple times I lost all my saved settings and had to start over again. Since updating to the latest firmware (version 1.45 I believe) I don't have those issues anymore.

Lately though, it has been having spells where horizontal TP signals are lost. The first time it happened the weather was bad - rain and snow - so I thought it may have been related to that. But it has also happened on good days too. Been trying to figure out if it's the receiver or LNB. Anybody else ever run into this?

tried that .... it will not let me use the remote....the remote senor light flashes when i push a button ... nothing happens

Tried, or Reflashed and did not work?
Do you need the remote to flash, or are there buttons on the Front that you can use to navigate?
Does the remote have a TV / STB button, and the remote is set to TV?

Unplug the coax from the receiver (with receiver turned off). Then turn it back on and see if you can select another channel, or satellite, then turn it back off, replug the coax and see if that fixes you. Depends on whether that recevier will reboot to the last channel selected or not, or defaults to 1st channel in a master channel list, i suppose.

turbosat
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
  • add.png
    Add as Contact
  • email.png
    Send Email
  • message.png
    Quote this post in PM
user-offline.png
SatelliteGuys Guru

Join DateDec 26th, 2006LocationOneonta,ALPosts6,263
Unplug the coax from the receiver (with receiver turned off). Then turn it back on and see if you can select another channel, or satellite, then turn it back off, replug the coax and see if that fixes you. Depends on whether that recevier will reboot to the last channel selected or not, or defaults to 1st channel in a master channel list, i suppose.

thanks to turbosat
:

:)

I suggest updating the software on that Visionsat to 1.45
The software takes care of that locking up issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)