Sonicview points to 97 but get 103

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi,
I have a SV360p with Fortec 31" and gt-s40 lnb. Wanted to get Galaxy 19, after a few days of pointing I finally was able to get some signals. Even though the menu said intelsat AM5 (believe old name of galaxy 19) but i was getting MS10, MS20, Microspace61 that are listed for AMC 1 (103). I don't understand this can anyone pls explain?

Thank you crackt and turbosat for the replies. I'll find out how can I update the list. btw, I do not have a motor (yet). I'll update after trying it out.

Guys, just contacted the seller and he agreed to return or exchange my sv360p. I have a choice of cs7100 or pans 150 or vs ultralite, which one should I get? I am doing this as i saw people talking about sv360p having low signal sensitivity.

Ftaseek,

I am glad that you exchanged the SV360. I could tell you a horror story about mine, which someone sent to me to evaluate. When I hooked it up to perfectly aligned motor/dish, it went nuts! If I told it to drive the motor to 97W, it would go to 119W or something like that. If I told it to go to ZERO, it would go to 91W or some other satellite. If I told it to go to 83W, it would go to zero. It was all messed up! I never could get it to work very stable with a motor, no matter what firmware I tried.

So, if you had plans to add a motor down the road, you just saved yourself a huge headache by disposing of the SV360.

RADAR

I'm glad he got satisfaction.I tried to set up a 1M sc dish on a motor but it was imposible to adjust the elevation it would keep slipping;completely different bracket than my other 1M sc dish.I was using (trying) my Homesat for set up purposes but have a SV 360p on my TV,so this is bad news for me so I guess I'll have to use another box.(Long winded aren't I!)

Pansat 150m - Can't get all channels on G19 - 97W

I managed to tweak my dish elevation and azimuth, got some better quality on horizontal channels but lose vert chans quality - Now I kept it in between so I get about 50% for V and 65% for H channels. Smart scanned and got only 63 video & 63 audio. While comparing channels from "The List" I noticed 1 or 2 transponders were missing, also some channels were not caught on other tp's. Even some freq's were totally wrong (like instead of 11788V28125 I see 12789V28125 in the receiver). I tried to manually add/edit the channels but that didn't help in getting more. Tried to save the channels on usb and load in Channel Master but it says not a valid format ( btw, I don't see 150m in the wizard) - Is there any other way or utility to edit/add channels of 150m?
(changed the title of this thread as it is all about Pansat 150m :) )
Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Last edited:
Are you adjusting the skew of the LNB ( twisting the LNB)? Dishpointer gives you the skew after you enter your location, I think the directions are from behind the dish looking at the LNB but I might be wrong and it could be from in front.

The LNB LO is set incorrectly and frequencies are scanning in 1000MHz higher. Make sure that your receiver LNBF type matches your LNBF. If your LNBF is a standard type, set the receiver to Standard with LO frequency 10750 then rescan.

baggins: yes I adjusted skew so the quality is max.
SatelliteAV: I have Universal gt-s40 lnb, I'll double check the settings when I get home but I think it is set for 11750/10600 in Antenna setup.

For an universal type LNBF set the receiver's LNB LO to Universal 9750 / 10600, 22KHz to auto if that is an option.

Great to hear. :up Now you just need to get a motor and start tracking the arc, lots of good stuff up there to watch for free. This hobby gets to be quite addictive.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)