Sonicview question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you;re tracking from 79W to 121W you should be pretty close on the arc. I'd suggest taking the receiver and tv out to the dish, and program the satellites. Use the buttons on the motor to move it east and west, start at a known satellite, program in active transponders on the next satellite east or west of it, and drive dish manually while watching for signal activity. That is just the way I did it, to make sure I was on the arc, and able to find all the satellites manually. Once you know you're tracking correctly you should be able to program the locations in from indoors.

If your dish is picked on the Clarke Belt (a delicate procedures are posted in Tutorials and on the web to pick a motorized dish), you can use USALS motor function to move from one sat position to the next, saving positions and scanning each sat. Lyngsat gives more info on sats you are interested to scan. There is a fine print to it: "read Tutorials first".

USALS works good on SV models, you just need to set motor turning limits and zero position first. Reset the motor, if you have a problem with USALS. FTA hobby is largely about reading, scanning and rescanning sats to catch feeds, as many channel transmission parameters tend to change over time. ;) No receiver or installer will do the job instead of you, but you can periodically upload from a Flash drive a new Sat & Channel file into your STB: they're posted on the web, but some cover just several sats - it depends on poster's viewing preferences. You still need to pick your dish on the Arc to catch all sats out there.

Last edited:
Am I seeing double? I thought I just responded to this question on another thread.

you're not. I have asked the OP to put all questions in regards ot the features of the reicever here yet he keeps starting new threads ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)