Sony 55HX820

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Well I ended up buying this set. Should be here by the end of the week. I couldn't justify the price difference I got this one for and the HX929. I've done a lot of comparing of sets lately. Noone has the 8 series, so I've looked at the different 7 series and the 9. I really liked the PQ of the Sony. Considered the D8000 for a while but it has been getting a lot of bad press with clouding, etc. I have not seen this on any of the Sony sets I looked at.

Hopefully I'll get everything in by the weekend and write up a review. The 3D kits (with Narnia) are on backorder and will supposedly be here Tuesday.

S~

Got it up and running. I'll work on the settings this weekend and do a short write up. It wasn't too bad out of the box in standard.

S~

The set looks really nice. I hate the remote. It's kind of clunky. I don't know how many times I hit the Home button while making picture adjustments. Another small issue I have seen is a very small line at the top and left hand side and a light spot in the very upper left hand corner where they meet. Most likely from the backlighting. We'll see more about this one. Otherwise the picture is sweet. Blacks are super nice.

S~

Still messing with the set. I haven't watched any BDs yet. 2D-3D conversion is mixed. Some ghosting on that and on the D* channels. Not horrible but more than on the Panasonic or my JVC.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)