Sony A55 problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdareau

Original poster
May 31, 2004
This one is driving me nuts....

I think it's the old Sony that's biting the dust, but wanted to throw it out to see if anyone's seeing something different...I'll try to give as much info as I can...

My config has been up for 5+ years, the only real change was the Sony was added because of the Serial control to my Tivo...started to note some signal problems and when I checked, it was "popping" in and out...from a zero to full. I'd try to change the transponder, another wouldn't show this problem, but it would change right back to a cruddy one. I ran transponders again and saw that "good" would be on even (for example) with "bad being odd...

Now, I have a dual LNB and today noted that in my Son's room (an old Uniden), I could look at the same channel on his, it would be fine, then mine would be fine, ONLY when he's on the same channel...when he changed, back to crud...

Another item that might help, I usually see this on other D* channels, if I went back to the "locals" everything's fine...jumping back to the other channel changes the transponders, and yeah....crud....

Strange, that this seems to come in spurts, seems like most times, all is well, other's not...and b4 anyone asks, I've a totally clear view and it's not weather related...

Been looking into an eventual change to HDTV and checking the old install, since I'll have to upgrade the reciever anyways....the install comes in with 3 RG-6's (A/B/ANT). Now since I'm not using the antenna, I know I'll be ahead when I change to the 3 LNB'S, since I'll use that run that was on the Ant..but wondered about something, since this is an "old" install and the tech stuff has changed...the runs don't hit a multiswitch, but the hi-pass splitters that go to the set runs....

Adding this all up, I don't think it's the current LNB's that are causing the issues, thinking it's the Sony again, since the son's TV is always fine....

Whew! Anyone have a thought, b4 I throw more $$ at this??

Thanks...Mark

Swap recievers if the problem persists on the sony it's the reciever if not it's cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)