Sony BDP-S570 bluray player with wifi streaming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Is there a way to upgrade the wifi in this device? I have a lot of buffering issues. I have a Roku 2 that I use on another TV and it works great (so far). I have a 30 Mb WAN connection and I'm using the 5 GHz connection between the router and either streaming device.

Powerline is slower than WiFi in my house but I know it works really well for some. I tried it before just deciding to run ethernet to my upstairs office. The wiring in your house will determine how effective it is for you. If powerline adapters don't work well in your house you could try a wireless bridge but if the WiFi is weak in that part of the house it will still be weak on a bridge.

Since this is a satellite TV site, chances are you might have directv, in which case and additional DECA will do the trick ($12 on eBay). That's cheaper and more reliable than powerline. A chromecast is also cheaper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)