Sony BDP-S6200 3D Blu-ray Player

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dual core? I guess that would be useful for up scaling to UHDTV. I'd think a BT keyboard would make more sense than a USB one, even if they added five bucks to the price.

Anyway, your critique is awaited.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Here is some previous speed data I have been collecting:

Movie--BDP93--BDT500--BDP103--S5100--S6200

(in seconds)

Transformers--64--66--56--59--56
Iron Man--53--55--45--47--48
Star Trek--N/A--81--58--62--60

From tray pulling in until you can select "play" in the menu.

S6200 is comparable and shows no issues with speed. Real snappy in the spears and munsil menu and passed all the video tests outputting ycbcr 444 to my plasma.

Netflix, Amazon and Youtube were easy to setup. Amazon is slow and quite annoying, Netflix gives me superhd and works well, so does youtube. None of them beat the PQ on my Roku 3 and roku stick, at least IMO, so the Sony will be backup for streaming (not really why I got it anyways).

I have streaming NR turned off as well as super bit mapping. I set everything to offer no zooming, bitstream audio and any kind of video enhancements off.

In the options menu during movie playback, I assume "Auto" and not "Direct" is the proper setting for playing back a blu-ray without any enhancements? I also forced 1080p and 24p in the menu, as I usually do.

Some pics:

IMG_2608_zps969f12f0.jpg

IMG_2610_zps40ffcef0.jpg

IMG_2611_zpsbbeb89df.jpg

IMG_2612_zps26be5e86.jpg

IMG_2613A_zps317c3520.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)